Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blacked Out

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
otaku330
708 Views, 2 Replies

Blacked Out

For some reason whenever I open my 3ds Max software I get a black screen in my perspective viewport. When I go to use another viewport that one either turns black as well or the program freezes. I have been using this software for the past month or so with no such problems. Now, out of the blue, this happens. I wasn't using any other programs while running 3ds Max, I never do--just incase. Any idea what's wrong?
Additional info:
I'm using the 2012 3ds Max 64-bit program.
My PC says this about itself:
  Component Details Subscore Base score Processor AMD Sempron(tm) 140 Processor 4.6 3.3 Determined by lowest subscore Memory (RAM) 2.00 GB 5.5 Graphics NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 3.8 Gaming graphics 831 MB Total available graphics memory 3.3 Primary hard disk 246GB Free (456GB Total) 5.9 Windows 7 Home Premium
System
  Manufacturer Compaq-Presario (An HP company)   Model (I was told not to give out the model # in forums)   Total amount of system memory 2.00 GB RAM   System type 64-bit operating system   Number of processor cores 1 Storage
  Total size of hard disk(s) 466 GB   Disk partition (C:) 246 GB Free (456 GB Total)   Disk partition (D:) 1 GB Free (10 GB Total)   Media drive (E:) CD/DVD Graphics
  Display adapter type NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430   Total available graphics memory 831 MB   Dedicated graphics memory 128 MB   Dedicated system memory 0 MB   Shared system memory 703 MB   Display adapter driver version 8.15.11.8655   Primary monitor resolution 1360x768   DirectX version DirectX 9.0 or better Network
Network
Network Adapter: Belkin 54g Wireless USB Network Adapter
Notes
The gaming graphics score is based on the primary graphics adapter. If this system has linked or multiple graphics adapters, some software applications may see additional performance benefits.
So is this good? It thought it was. I mean, the program was running rather well until just the other day. My professor says it might be the graphics card and gave me a link to your help page, but when I get to it and put in all the needed information my system is not listed, so I don't know what to do there either. I attached a screencap of both my 3ds Max problem and my problem with your site's helpful attempts to illustrate my problem.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
gartst
in reply to: otaku330

Maybe it's because your display drivers is not well configured...

Message 3 of 3
PROH
in reply to: otaku330

Hi otaku330.

Dont panic just because your hardware isn't on Autodesk's list. It doesn't mean that it won't work, it simply means that it hasn't' been tested.

Your system spec reads: "Total amount of system memory 2.00 GB". This is way to little. Acording to Autodesk, the minimum requirements for 3dsMax2012 64bit on Windows 7 64bit Professional is 4GB (8GB recommended). This only goes for smal projects (typically fewer than 1,000 objects or 100,000 polygons). Larger project requires more RAM.

I believe this is your major problem - secondly check up on your Graphic Card + driver.

Hope it helps

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
3dsMax 4.2 to 2018
AutoCAD 2000 to 2018
Infrastructure Design Suite Premium 2012 to 2018

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report