Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backburner Error - HELP

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
ivanjay
1478 Views, 1 Reply

Backburner Error - HELP

I am getting the following error on my remote machine at home connected to my work render farm via vpn.  No connectivity issues to the office....

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
VishnuR
in reply to: ivanjay

Hello,

Reviewing your screen capture I see a few that stand out:

3dsmax adapter error : Error server config file does not exist

Please verify you have latest updates for 3ds Max 2014 > Service Pack 3.

Some have stability and performance enhancements.

Autodesk® 3ds Max

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/index?siteID=123112&id=2334435&linkID=9241178

Autodesk® 3ds Max Design

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/index?siteID=123112&id=2334435&linkID=10381720

There must be a full install of Both 3ds Max and backburner

on all machines participating in the network render.

Test with a simple scene consisting of just a default gray box.

No plugins, materials , etc.

Also note > Backburner via VPN is not officially tested / supported.

Several users who have attempted this mentioned its not too practical at all – especially with the latency between different locations. 

The suggestion would be to have to have a managed render farm at each location.  Using basic FTP or things like Dropbox can help push files to/from each location, but I would avoid submitting jobs from one location A to the other’s Queue Manager application B (ie: Autodesk Backburner).  Instead, I’d push the scene files and “external references” (textures, linked CAD data, point caches, photometric IES files, etc) from A to B and use a Remote Desktop at A to launch the jobs from a local workstation at B, where the Queue is managed by machines.

Perhaps there are other's out there who've done extensive testing on this that might have further input. 

Best Regards

VR

Vishnu Ramdass

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report