Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk 3ds Max 2014 SP 2 now live!

19 REPLIES 19
Message 1 of 20
Kelly_Michels
3146 Views, 19 Replies

Autodesk 3ds Max 2014 SP 2 now live!

Autodesk 3ds Max 2014 Service Pack 2 is now live! http://autodesk.com/3dsmax-updates and http://autodesk.com

This includes the XP x64 startup fix.

This includes the XP x64 startup fix.

Kelly Michels
3ds Max Senior QA
3ds Max Feedback Community Manager
ECP Division Feedback Community Administrator
kelly.michels@autodesk.com
19 REPLIES 19
Message 2 of 20

Eureka! I can actually install an SP 😛

Thanks for the heads-up Kelly - I'll "sticky" this so it's easy to find.

[Edit]
3ds Max 2014 SP2
3ds Max Design 2014 SP2
[/Edit]

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Message 3 of 20
lightcube
in reply to: Steve_Curley

Excellent, though I'm more interested in the Nitrous UV fix than XP.

I understand that XP support can be important for render farms, etc. But I do have to ask this Steve: why XP still? Is there any specific reason you are still using XP or is it just that your machine just happens to serve you well. I recently helped someone using XP and realized it had been years since I used it and it demonstrated (to me) how much nicer Win7 is... (in my opinion).

Shawn Olson

Developer of Wall Worm
3ds Max plugins and Scripts

3ds Max 4/Gmax - 3ds Max 2020
Mudbox 2009-2019

Windows 10 x64
i7 8700K
64GB RAM
Geforce 1080ti
Message 4 of 20
Steve_Curley
in reply to: lightcube

Because nothing I use daily requires it. Why pay M$ for something I don't want, don't need and will take me an age to get working how I want it, not how M$ want me to have it?

p.s. Not the thread for an OT discussion - I should have made it read-only 😞

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Message 5 of 20

this is a pretty weak update. Yay for users still using XP on old machines. I probably won't even install it. It's not worth my time. I'll wait till they at Least fix the huge mirror bug. 

You guys always seem to only post up the Max without including the design link. And they release 2 different service packs which don't work on the wrong version. 

So here's the 3dsmax design link for those that might want it. http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=22026236&linkID=10381720

Message 6 of 20
timd1971
in reply to: Kelly_Michels

AGREE Andy. Go figure.
Message 7 of 20
miketruly
in reply to: timd1971

Not only did this update enable using the SP1 stuff with my XPx64 render farm (thus preserving a perfectly functioning pipeline without spending 4K+ on system rebuilds), but it also fixed issues I was having with MAX2014 on Win7!

Thanks AD!  Greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Mike Truly
--------------------------------------------
Truly Media
www.trulymedia.com
Message 8 of 20
timd1971

Well, yes, good job Autodesk for FIXING something ver important and releasing sooner rather than later.... So technically, and to keep expectations low, probably should have called this a HOTFIX. Yes hotfixes aren't supposedly tested thoroughly (like SPs)... But hell... That never really happens anyways, even with Service Packs. Ha!

Message 9 of 20
nclark

I understand why people have been complaining that it's only two fixes, but to look at it from a positive point of view, this is not long after SP1, and it is something that people were quite vocal about. So, autodesk listened, and got the SP out quickly. That is a good thing.

But it would be nice if they could fix the errors with the iray material between Autodesk and Nvidia. Hint hint.

Message 10 of 20

after installing SP2 the problem that was there after installing SP1 started again for me and it is whenever you freeze the object and uncheck the option in the properties bar "show frozen in grey" it still turns the object grey. why so ??? please help if any solutions are there

Message 11 of 20
jneilon

I hope AD will fix the new viewport bug (front viewport issue), backburner bugs (queue control and error suppression issues), mirror bug, camera path bug (camera jumping around), and flaw in how populate creates maps (local user generated map names).

Tags (1)
Message 12 of 20
Doughboy12

I just relized...

We abandoned the PU in favor of the SP...

Something is stinky around here...?

3ds Max 2012 Certified Professional
Windows 7 Enterprise 64Bit
Intel Xeon X5650 @ 2.67 x2 36GB
3ds Max 9 - 2013

Is there an SP 2 for MAX design ??

Message 14 of 20
andy.engelkemier
in reply to: jneilon

yes, I posted the link already here. Just read the rest of the posts. 

Message 15 of 20
jibijib
in reply to: Mr.NitinDesai2717

Does this service pack fix the unbelievably daft viewport camera 'misalignments' (ie - press 'right' key and get a skewed, orthographic profile view)?
Hope so.
Message 16 of 20
kris

Is it just me, or has AD somehow managed to fundamentally break max 2014 with these SPs?  I just somehow managed to finish a job, and it took easily three times as long as it should have - there's a scaling problem with XREFs, where a job with an XREF rendered in backburner changes the scale, the same problem causes a saved file with an XREF to come in at either a different scale or position (both reported and logged), there's shadow bugs, something causing renders to take 10X longer than they should, and overall max is doing an FE with a disturbing regularity - my best this week was 30 FEs in one single hour.

I complained, and AD actually offered my money back for subscription.   Though, that doesn't actually do me any favors, since they'll then take my subscription away.  (Taking away my ability to report bugs doesn't seem productive).  

I'm going back to 2013, for the time being.  Still garbage, but vastly better than 2014, save for the nitrous speed.  (Completely lost for the time reloading...)

Message 17 of 20
timd1971
in reply to: kris

yes... this sucks.... 😕
Message 18 of 20
eech

Hi, my administrator just installed SP1 and SP2 for 3dsMax2014, and now I'm getting this message when starting up MAX.

(State Sets didn't work before, but I didn't got this message)

Max 2014

Bootcamp on IMac, Windows7 Pro

MaxLaunch Error.jpg

and this one when opening State Sets:

StateSets Error.jpg

Then as well when opening a scene I get the Missing Dll AnchorHelper Superclass:0x1160,

I'm on a movie and things are really turning bad,

I need a solution for these problems, so any help welcome

Dominique Gantois

PrimaLinea Productions Angouleme, France

Message 19 of 20
kris
in reply to: eech

I would strongly suggest that you get the SPs removed.

I removed them on my machine, and have had vastly less issues with 2014.  Xrefs are still broken, but I can at least get some work done.

Kris.

Message 20 of 20
eech
in reply to: kris

Thanks Kris,

but that doesn't change the State Sets Problem,

without the SPs, I had an empty StateSets Window, no Icons, no Buttons, ...the dessert,

a solution should come from Autodesk,

Dominique (going BBad!)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report