Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto-save will crash 3ds max when any dialog is open!?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
MrPoopyButthole
616 Views, 1 Reply

Auto-save will crash 3ds max when any dialog is open!?

Hey guys, anybody has any idea why oh why 3ds max will crash if the auto-save kicks in while i have an open dialog window such as "save output file", or "the latest "viewport configuration" dialog?

I've had that recently, not sure after installing what plug in, or update, impossible o keep track anyway since Max needs permanent maintenance, fixes and add ons of all kind. So please, if you have bumped into this one, please point at the right post or share with me, i couldn't find anything on the forum so far.

Pe@ce,

A.
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: MrPoopyButthole

Hi,

I ran into this problem and had spent some time trying to figure out what really happened.

I had:

Windows 7 Pro SP1

3DS Max 2014 SP5

a scene with character biped and,

a plugin called FumeFX

I think:

this particular scene will fail to save itself (auto backup) when any kind of "modal dialog" is opened. "Viewport Configuration" and "Preference Settings" are two good examples of modal dialogs which you have to close them before you can interact with the main window again.

Submitting jobs to the backburner will also fail because 1. it is a modal dialog and 2. it tries to save before submitting.

Fortunately, I can get away with using 3dsmaxcmd.exe to submit jobs to backburner.

this particular scene will save successfully if either the biped or the plugin was deleted.

No workaround so far...

Best,

Maurice

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report