Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application Error after opening particle view.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
938 Views, 6 Replies

Application Error after opening particle view.

Open Max
Switch to Particle Systems
Click on PF Source
Click on Particle View
Few seconds later, application error.

"An error has occurred and the application will now close."

No other information was given upon receiving the error.

My OS Is Vista Ultamite, No quarrels when using Max on XP ( i rather not dual boot just to run max if i don't have too )

Has anyone seen this problem before? I haven't had any luck searching for a solution.

Anyone using vista seeing this problem?
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
RogerBerg
in reply to: Anonymous

I can't reproduce the error. I've got Vista ultimate (32) as well and an XP machine. Both don't have trouble with particles. But I run a german version of max.
May be some other parameters like video card or ram may interfere. On my vista laptop I've got 3GB ram and an Nvidia graphics adapter. Graphic mode is openGL for me, but I tested Dx as well.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

After repeated re-installations with no luck i finally decided to partition a drive and, install vista fresh and try an install there.

Turns out it worked. So it seems there was a problem with vista installation? driver? who knows. I previously had no problems with vista. Its odd that something like particle view would create an application error.

Thankfully i ghosted my drive originally. I re-did the computer and it seems to work fine now.

On a side note: Windows Event viewer did not report an application error for this problem. I also find this odd.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

Hi,

I get a similar error when trying to open particle view. It doesn't crash Max but I get a box saying "Error Creating Particle View" and it doesn't Open. Max carries on running but I cannot access particle view at all.

I am running Max 2008 on Windows Vista Ultimate using an Nvidia Graphics Card. I've attached a screen shot and would welcome any suggestions as to how to fix this error. Thanks. Mateen

Message 5 of 7
Grimpopo

A few months late to this thread, but I just ran into this problem myself (using max 9 and Vista, so problems were to be expected) and wanted to mention how I got past it just in case it can help someone else.

The solution that worked for me was just going to the Control Panel>Programs and Features and doing a "Repair" on Max. Thankfully after that the Particle View Window came right up. I was really dreading the idea of reinstalling everything.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Grimpopo

I just had the same problem, so thanks for posting this. Saved me a bunch of head-scratching. 😄
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

i was facing this problem since this morning.
i tried repairing 3d max 2010 32 bit (on xp sp3). and little while ago my 3ds max didn't load completely due to error in biped.dlu file (stplug folder) and i had to delete the file course hat problem.

it seams once a month i'm loosing one of my 3ds max built in plugin.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums