Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activeshade viewport mirroring another viewport

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
eodeo
389 Views, 4 Replies

Activeshade viewport mirroring another viewport

Can activeshade be docked within a viewport so that it mirrors other viewrts?

Like this, but obviously not in Corona, but in any Max native renderer - iray, mental ray or art.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
alvespereira
in reply to: eodeo

Shure,

up left corner + -> Configure Viewports -> Layout 

Pick the desired viewport and select ActiveShade from the menu

Greetings

Paulo Alves Pereira

Message 3 of 5
KarlAkimor
in reply to: alvespereira

It is not exactly a mirror as it doesn't mirror other display as the external window of activeshade does, you choose the view and once choosen as activeshade you can not change it. Another thing is that if you save and load the project the activeshade view can change to something else forcing you to re configure the displays

Message 4 of 5
eodeo
in reply to: KarlAkimor

Thank you both for answering. I wanted to update my question, but Area won't allow it.

I want to use 3 out of the 4 viewports normally, I want the 4th, the active shade, to reflect the current viewport I'm using as well as any changes I make.

I'm pretty sure Max does not support this natively, like KarlAkimorsaid, but since Corona does and it's an awesome thing to have- I just wanted to make sure that Max can't do it atm, and then suggest that it should be able to do it asap.

Here is the video of what I originally meant: https://youtu.be/uewtBJuONe0?t=1m47s

Message 5 of 5
KarlAkimor
in reply to: eodeo

Well, if the activeview is in a camera and if you choose the same camera in another view then any change of the camera in that view will mirror the changes in the activeview. Then, yes, you will have something that will look identical to your video. But it is not a mirror of the view but of the camera and only can be a camera. This makes sense when you compare it with the external window activeview that will mirror any view of Max or will change between cameras or views, something that the integrated version can not do. In order to change the camera to another camera or view you need to leave active shade, change the view and then enter in activeshade again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report