Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3dsmax 2015 unstable and not for production

36 REPLIES 36
Message 1 of 37
Vistral
1161 Views, 36 Replies

3dsmax 2015 unstable and not for production

Hello!

im having really big trouble to work properly with 3dsmax 2015.

it is crashing permanently in the viewport without reasons and at least 5-6 times a day!!

with 2014 i had 1 crash in a week and not even.

soo i have read about a similar post but there was no solution..

right now im seriously thinking to switch back to 2014 because the only thing about 2015 thats worth is the placement tool.. nothing else to be sad..

any idea why 2015 is so super unstable??

(latest graphic driver and 2014 is running like a russian traktor in comparisson, runing runing runig)..

36 REPLIES 36
Message 21 of 37
Discussion_Admin
in reply to: Vistral

@Vistral wrote:

thanks for your answer and of course im a paying subscription customer! Customer Reference Number: xxxxxxxxxx Renewal Date: 16/11/2014

ok if i need to go to another forum ill do this, thanks for your help and i hope i will get a solution, because right now 2015 is useless for me as its sabotaging my work

greeting from daniel , www.vistral.de

Edited by
Discussion_Admin

I edited out your customer number please keep in mind this is a public forum. Not an Autodesk paid support portal

You are in the correct fourm

You should go to the subscription portal and add this account to your subscription( so you can escalate this thread) or open a ticket there for assistance.

Thanks
Discussion_Admin

Message 22 of 37
emanfrin

thank you "Autodesk"

original.jpg

Message 23 of 37
Vistral
in reply to: Discussion_Admin

ahh thanks for your help!.. i dindt know that i had to edit my account data.. i will try this and stop whining in this forum anymore 😉

i hope ill get a solution soon, and thanks everybody for your help!!!

seeya, daniel

Message 24 of 37
mateusz_s

The most critical advice is to format and reinstal your system, install first the most recent drivers for the mainboard and graphic card, update windows, and then try to install you 3ds max 2015 with vray (with out any programs like firewalls, antiviruses etc. ), check for crashes then...

Message 25 of 37
Vistral
in reply to: mateusz_s

well this advice is actually .. well "not very helpfull"

do u really think i will format my workstation when im doing jobs for 50k the next 4 weeks nonstop?

seriosly this is the most useless advice i have ever heard..

for your interest:

same system + max 2014 = super duper wuper uber stable like hell

same system + max 2015 = 5 crashes a day.

well what would reinstalling help me????

it would ruin our company right now with tons of deadlines.. i have lots of other stable software installed and it would cost me at least 1,5 days to reinstall everything.. sorry but that is no help for me ;(

Message 26 of 37
emanfrin

in my job have 12 new machine Dell Precision

all, update windows, all update drivers... (bios etc etc tec)  Nvidia k6000 

all 12 machines  crash 3dsmax 2015...

3dsmax 2013 and 2014  "Work no crash"

format 12 news pcs ?  no thanks .. 

Autodesk please "testing mor your products before "

Message 27 of 37
Vistral
in reply to: emanfrin

thats the spirit! 😉

well ill end my stuff ill started with 2015 and switch back if i dondt get any solution..

by the way next crash right now .. yeaaahh! 😉

Message 28 of 37
mateusz_s

Don't be offense, I don't know you schedule, just try to help. I just gave you an idea (and thats why I called it critical). After installing 3ds max on the fresh system you may check its stability according to your specific hardware or installed programs. Your system may have lot of junk that can cause crashes...

Message 29 of 37
Vistral

well this actually could be a good idea! soo i hope i didnt sound offending too.. but with my current jobs its no option for me.

and well 2014 stable on this system like no other 3dsmax version before.. thats just the thing that make reinstalling not as an option for me. and if i spend 1,5 days reinstalling and its still crashing like hell, it would make me very sad 😉

Message 30 of 37
emanfrin

Autodesk does not give any feedback about it yet ???? 

Message 31 of 37
krassi3000

some updates:

i got some fast reply from support team and it seems as guessed.

after deleting the standard profile in my user folder and installing the latest nvidia driver it somehow feels much faster and stable and i did not have any crashes up to now.. lets hope this stays like this and with the nested layer manager script i can also work as usual.

i just imported my old keyboard shortcuts and nothing else from the old 2014 version.. 

if this stays like this, my problem is solved 😉

oh one thing! 

=why are the icons often disappearing in the toolbar and u have to move the mouse over them so that they appear again? 😉

seeya ,daniel

Daniel Krassnig / www.vistral-3d-visualisierung.de / Architektur Visualisierungen
Message 32 of 37
Steve_Curley
in reply to: krassi3000

That only seems to happen when you have a large dialog (like the Track View) covering the icons when you close it. Simple workaround is to move the dialog down (or resize it vertically) before you close it.

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Message 33 of 37
krassi3000
in reply to: Steve_Curley

ehe well swiping with the mousecursor ofer it is kind of cooler 😉

but this thing is not really a problem. and max is right now running really good. i just had one "normal" crash with recovery and the first time in my life the notification "garbage collection error..etc"..

i guess this is related to the imported geometrie because it took us quiet a while to find some "bad-geometrie" wich prevented importig of the data from rhino.

if it stays like this im very happy for the first time with 2015 ;)... 

and i think it was also a good idea to reset the nvidia settings on the installation of the driver.. now i have 60+fps in the shaded viewport with forestpack,proxys and tons of objects.. feels like a shooter right now.. and any laggy behavior is gone too..!!

i naver had a viewport this fast before.

seeya daniel and sorry for my very grumpy comments athe the beginning but with my recent deadlines i was really in trouble..

Daniel Krassnig / www.vistral-3d-visualisierung.de / Architektur Visualisierungen
Message 34 of 37
mateusz_s

Try to download a memory test software and do some tests.

Message 35 of 37
krassi3000

nice idea!

ill try it once i got some time left.. but my workstation is really new and was from a cad-workstation manufacturer with nearly intel-only components.

Message 36 of 37
Steve_Curley

Being new is no guarantee of anything - I remember buying 4 brand new (matched) 1GB RAM sticks some years ago, and one was DOA. Do the tests, it's worth it if only for your own peace of mind.

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Message 37 of 37
krassi3000
in reply to: Steve_Curley

ookk 😉 ill reeeeally try it then

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report