Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3ds max GraphicsHardware-based Rendering ?!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
johnxx
465 Views, 2 Replies

3ds max GraphicsHardware-based Rendering ?!

Is it possible to use the graphicshardware for the rendering-task especcially raytraced ? I have seen a "VUE Hardware Renderer" in my list, but the results are horrible bad. Is this the driver for graphicshardware-based rendering ? In this case, is the reason the DX9 selection by me in my preferences ? I've got the Entertainment Creation Suite 2011 and a HD Radeon 7850 with newest drivers. A longer time ago, i testet graphics-hardware based rendering with another system and an old Geforce 9800GTX with >Blender< and it worked fine.

My last Question is:

When will Autodesk implement a 4-Layer accelerated Rendering ? (Multithreaded+Multinode(backburner)+fully-logical-optimized+graphicshardware accelerated) ?!?! This is a must have and would be great advance and innovation in connection to the Rendering-Time 🙂 Maybe i just spoken out my own "invention" i planned to work on myself, but would never finish this probably 😛

Entertainment Creation 2011 / Phenom X6 1090T @3,2GHZ / 8 GB DDR3 / SSD / HD Radeon 7850
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
darawork
in reply to: johnxx

http://www.nvidia.com/object/nvidia-iray.html

In Max since 2012 (Subscription bonus), Native in 2013 / 2014.

Not available in 2011... and only works with nVidia GPUs.

Quicksilver may work with your card, not sure.

You can get other GPU rendering engines for ATI/AMD cards that plug into Max, have a Google search.

Darawork
AutoDesk User
Windows 10/11, 3DS Max 2022/24, Revit 2022, AutoCad 2024, Dell Precision 5810/20, ASUS DIY, nVidia Quadro P5000/RTX 5000/GTX760

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: darawork

iRAY is available in MAX 2011 through Subscription bonus, and native since 2012-2013-2014.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report