Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3DS Max freezing during particle simulations

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
chriswbuchanan
398 Views, 2 Replies

3DS Max freezing during particle simulations

I am needing to figure out if it is a hardware issue or software cause i am perfectly baffled.

System info:

Application 3DS Max 2014

Processor: AMD A8-5600K APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphcis 3.60 GHz

Installed Memory: 6.00 GB GDDR5

Operating system: Windows 8.1

Graphics Processing Unit: amd radeon r7 260x 2gb gddr5

The problem appears to be that while utilizing particle systems 'specifically metaparticles' the application lags and even freezes for long periods of time. The reason this bothers me is that i check my resource monitor and everything is running below 50% so it does not appear to be a resource issue. Is there something I am missing as to how 3DS Max process' particles in a scene?

*EDIT*

Wanted to add that while 3DS Max Freezes and becomes unresponsive while it is doing it's calculations everything else on my PC runs without issue including other Graphic Intensive applications such as games etc...

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

I have the same issue.I supose that the problem is windows 8.1 and his memory system.

I try on windows 7 and the problem persist, the program run slowy with a advanced particle system configuration.

I don´t know what causes this issue.

Message 3 of 3

Chris,

The if you turn off the 'metaparticles' how does your particle simulation run?

Mastering Autodesk 3ds Max 2013
http://www.amazon.com/Mastering-Autodesk-3ds-Max-2013/dp/1118129717/ref=zg_bs_4135_2

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report