Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3ds max design 2015 errors service pack 3 extension 2

33 REPLIES 33
Message 1 of 34
Hamter
3826 Views, 33 Replies

3ds max design 2015 errors service pack 3 extension 2

Hi

I have big problems with 3dsmax design 2015. Error on main install "registry core key" etc.etc. Yes ,I have administrator priviliges on my OS account. Service Packs does not install correctly same same. None of them from 1-3.
I manage to get 1-2 installed via unpacking the *.exe but then they introduce random crashes in program and creasemod.dlm can not initialize at startup.
A specific crash in program is whenever i try to use the placement tool after installing service pack 2/ext 1.

Today I hoped that service pack 3/Ext. 2 would fix my problems but quite the opposite happened. During install (after unpacking of course) i got yet another registry error (image 1 attached), I hit ignore as told in readme, but then the fatal error unfolds when trying to start the program. Image 2 attached. 3dsmax.exe file icon in main folder is gone and registry seems to be broken for main files. In short program won't start at all.

Uninstalled 3dsmax design 2015 (cleaned out every leftover files in program folder and user/app...). Uninstalled/Reinstalled all Visual c++/.net framework  via windows update. Reinstalled 3dsmax (with error message again) without any service packs or extensions - and voila the placement tool works without crashing the program. But now I am afraid to install any service packs/extensions cause I know they will do more harm than good.

(OS:Windows 7 Ultimate)

33 REPLIES 33
Message 2 of 34
mike_le_fevre
in reply to: Hamter

Hi Folks,

We are having exactly the same problems as detailed the post above.....An all nighter with a clean install of our Design suite 2015 Pemimum....and the same problems

Any ideas folks  as the clients are beathing down my neck and about to have my hide......

all the very best Mike

Message 3 of 34
Hamter
in reply to: mike_le_fevre

My own solution so far is not to install the SP3/Ext 2, though I would very much like to use the new tools.

I manage to install SP2 without having the worst of problems. It works ok as long as I don't touch the placement tool.
At least I can get some work done.

Don't know if that is a workable solution for you Mike?
If you manage to get any help or solution with the sp3/ext 2 I'd really like to know about it 🙂

regards Terje
Message 4 of 34
mike_le_fevre

Dear Terje,

Like you, I un-installed all of the Autodesk 2015 design suite premium software. Then cleared out all the left over bits.... updated win 7 -64 bit.... then re installed the suite, with no Service packs or extensions for 3DS Max design 2015 as these have not installed correctly since release..

Am now back up an running rendering frame 533 of 1334 but an absolute "Pain in the***se"

Have logged the crash with Subscription support, and hopfully the "enginers are on the case "

Wishing you all the very best

Mike

Message 5 of 34
grace.liu

Hello Hamter, 

Welcome to the Forum! 

I'm sorry you encountered the issue of SP3 & extension 2 of 3ds max Design 2015. I have tested it , the installation of product , sp3 and extension 2 were done without any error information. If you prefer, please feel free to try the installation method of mine. If it still has special issues/errors, please feel free to send to us. The detail information I have sent the email to you from our system, please feel free to check it. 

If you need any other assistance, pleaes feel free to reply the email to me or post in the Forum.

Thanks,

Grace Liu

Message 6 of 34
mike_le_fevre
in reply to: grace.liu

Dear Grace,

Many thanks for your post, and if you pardon the intrusion of "Listening in" to your reply to Hampter......Like Hamter; we have also been having great difficulties in installing SP3 / extension#2 on our Dell T7600 workstation, to the extent that Max totally crashed and was totally unusable. Errors on launch ranging from MaxScrpt.DLL corrupt, Creasemod.Dlm errors to the software not finding file paths...etc etc.

This "Crash" has resulted in a service request from us (#10291133) to your support team. (All their help is greatly appreciated along with the expert advice given in the forum.....)

After several total uninstalls / reinstalls of Design Suite 2015,. We are currently running original MAX Design (version 17.0.630.0) with no service packs or extensions.

Would it be possible to forward your method of installing SP3 & Extension 2 of 3DSmax Design 2015, as I would greatly appreciate your expertise

With my very best wishes

Mike

Message 7 of 34
grace.liu
in reply to: mike_le_fevre

Hello Mike,

Good day!

Sure, the method has been send to you by email, please check it.  

Thanks,

Grace Liu

Message 8 of 34
Lindsay.Fleay

This describes my situation to a tee. The 2015 installer never really worked properly, and certainly none of the service packs ever worked without a lot of chicanery. The last one, SP3, has now corrupted and killed my installation dead, and it won't even open 3DS Max, instead producing a little window error message:

The procedure entry point

?expand_symbolic_pathname_in_file_name@@YA?AVWStr@@AEBV1@

@Z could not be located in the dynamic link library MAXScrpt.dll.

I've stripped out everything in my Autodesk folder (came to 12Gb, and about 100,000+ separate files!) and reinstalled, following all the procedures; checked admin rights, UAC settings, temp folders, disabled virus checker, etc. The last attempt was a fresh reinstall, using a freshly downloaded installer and a new patch file.

I'm open to any fresh suggestions. Otherwise, as a lecturer, I have to consider rolling back to 2015 SP2 or even 2014.

Message 9 of 34
mike_le_fevre

Dear Grace,

Wishing you a happy new year, and very many thanks for your email.

I gave it a go over the holidays and unfortunately, it did not work, with the software exhibiting the same errors as before with SP3 and EXt#2 .......Will attach this note to the service case for your records

Have now reinstalled the entire Design Suite premium 2015 and installed SP#2 for 3DSMAX design with no extensions , back to the office and the day job on monday 🙂

Will attach this note to the service case for your records

Many thanks of all of your and the all the teams help it is much appreciated

with my very best wishes

Mike

Message 10 of 34
FloydPepper

I've been having the EXACT same problems <---with an "S". However I have the additional issue that I'm part of a group here at work and we need to be able to open each others files. That means I have to be at the same version of Max as them. That means that "not installing sp3" is not an option for me.

I've waisted a couple of days of my productivity by installing/uninstalling over and over again trying all the suggestions which none worked. My patience is wearing a little thin.

From the get go it's not a good sign when the suggested method for dealing with an error during the initial install of a program is officially "click on ignore".

Please help.

thanks,

Pat

Message 11 of 34
ph
Explorer
in reply to: FloydPepper

Also Exact Same Problem ...

Is there any Update on this? Still quietly waiting for an solution...

Message 12 of 34
mike_le_fevre
in reply to: ph

Hi Folks,

Still no word / updates / work arounds / Eureka moments / de-bug software / etc  from the developers..........I hope this gets fixed for the 2016 design suite.......

Currently operating on the Vanilla version 17.2.259.0 with no extensions......

May the Gods be with us all. with my very best wishes 

Mike

Message 13 of 34
autocad.phil

I'm an "Entry Point Not Found" club member 😕

(have the same problem as everyone on this thread and hoping for a solution.)

--
Autodesk Product Design Suite Premium 2019 | Perpetual + Subscription
Message 14 of 34
mannmade

Have just run the 3DS Max 2015 extension 2 update on my computer.

3DS Max 2015 now refuses to start-up.

It seems to hang up with no error message.

Just the message "Starting 3ds Max...".

I see no response for a fix to this situation.

Please advise.

My 3DS Max is on subscription and I sincerly regret any period of not being able to use 3DS Max.

I await your response.

Grant Mann

(email) mannmade@telus.net

Message 15 of 34
Anonymous
in reply to: mannmade

I also am forced to run 3DS Max 2015 without any service packs. After installing service pack 3 I get this popup when running max:

The procedure entry point
?expand_symbolic_pathname_in_file_name@@YA?AVWStr@@AEBV1@
@Z could not be located in the dynamic link library MAXScrpt.dll

Message 16 of 34
Hamter
in reply to: Anonymous

Everyone with this installation problem using Windows 7 ultimate OS?
Just trying to find some common explanation why the general install and latest service pack/extension does not work for us but ok for others...

I'm still on service pack 2 / extension 1 - which works ok as long as I don't touch the align tool 😉

Hoping for a problem free install for the 2016 release.

Terje

Message 17 of 34
autocad.phil

Mine is on Win 8.1 Pro.
--
Autodesk Product Design Suite Premium 2019 | Perpetual + Subscription
Message 18 of 34
Anonymous
in reply to: autocad.phil

I am on Windows 7 SP1 64bit. Whoever is responsible for these service packs should really get in contact with someone who has this problem and work on a solution. It baffles me how a company like Autodesk cannot produce a working service pack and theres still the same errors popping up in the newer packs (could not write value corefiles to key).

Message 19 of 34
mike_le_fevre
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Folks...

Glad I am not the only 3DS Max Design user suffering these problems........I have no superfluous leisure; my stay must be stolen out of other affairs; but I will attend you awhile......

Still no word from the Autodesk boffins as to the causes let alone a fix;, May the developers get this gripped for the next release.....

A minor observation their seems to be less updates flying around the Autodesk Application Manager these days......

My best wishes to all and may the Gods be with us always

M

Message 20 of 34
mannmade
in reply to: mannmade

The solution for the start up problem was as follows;

1. go to the following directory on your system

C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax

2. find your 3DS Max folder for 3DS Max 2015

2015 - 64bit

3. rename folder

2015 - 64 bit old

4. restart 3DS Max 2015

These steps helped me run my 3DS Max 2015 again, without re-installing.

My system is running Windows 8.1 (64bit).

Hope this helps some of the other users having difficulties.

I have no explanation for why renaming this directory works ... it just happened to work

for my system.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report