Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3ds Max 2015 crashing after several seconds.

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
928 Views, 1 Reply

3ds Max 2015 crashing after several seconds.

So my 3ds max 2015 crashes randomly, sometimes on startup, sometimes just after 30 seconds, mostly when I go into sub-object mode or making a new object.

I had troubles with the installation of backburner, but it says it is installed fine.

Service pack 2 is installed.

The problem just randomly popped up last week, after I didn't use 3ds max for a week or two. 

So I removed everything of autodesk, re-installed, installed service pack, same problem.

I also installed 2014, and I had the same problem, random crash within the minute.

My drivers (driver detective) are up to date.

I don't know what to do.

Please help.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
RobH2
in reply to: Anonymous

Spoiler
It would be helpful if you listed the components in your system. Since it occured with Max 2014 also, it suggests to me it is a hardware/software conflict with something on your machine. Do you have another machine you can install Max on and let it run in the 30-day trial mode? See if it crashes on that machine. If not, something on your machine is conflicting.
Spoiler
Search Google too. There are some crash detection programs out there that will trap and analyze crashes. They are a bit hard to figure out and use but I used one about 5-years ago and was able to diagnose a problematic conflict. I don't recall the name of the software but the way I found it was to just search for "crash diagnognis software" and other keywords that relate to crashes. You'll have to be creative.
Spoiler
It sounds like a video display card incompatability to be honest but it's hard to know without more information.

Rob Holmes

EESignature

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3ds Max (2023-2025), V-Ray 6.2, Ryzen 9 3950-X Processor, DDR 4 128MB, Gigabyte Aorus X570 Master motherboard, Sabrent Rocket NVMe 4.0 M.2 drives, NVidia RTX 4090, Space Pilot Pro, Windows 11 Pro x64, Tri-Monitor, Cintiq 13HD, Windows 11 x64
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report