Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3ds Max 2014 - Stereo Camera plugin

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
rudy
1241 Views, 6 Replies

3ds Max 2014 - Stereo Camera plugin

I just have a couple questions for someone from AD. Is it true that Active stereo in the viewport only supports AMD cards? I have an Nvidia 6000 with quad buffered stereo, why is "active" grayed out? Is there any update in the future that will change this?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Midge_S
in reply to: rudy

Active stereo is indeed only supported on AMD boards at the moment as it was co-developed with them. I have no idea if and when support for Nvidia cards will be added.

It's quite a weird decision considering a lot of Max is built on Nvidia developed frameworks these days.

M.

Message 3 of 7
mutahirhafeez
in reply to: Midge_S

hi, i have a student account on Autodesk website.i have downloaded a 3d max 2014 student version.i tried to download stereo camera plugin for 3d ma 2014 but only a subscribe account holder can download that plugin.can anyone tell me how can i download that plugin,as i dont have subscribe account.i am working on my university project and i need this plugin for stereoscopic modelling and visualisation.
Tags (1)
Message 4 of 7

That plugin is only available to those who a) own a full commercial license for Max and b) purchased subscription.
As you have neither (as a Student), then no - you can't obtain the plugin.

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Message 5 of 7

OK IF i wana purchase that plugin then how much i need to pay?
Message 6 of 7

i am a student and i want to explore 3d stereoscopic product assembly in virtual reality by using stereo camera.i cant afford to buy that plugin.please guide me that how can i download that plugin?
Message 7 of 7

I realise English is not your first language, but please read this carefully.
You cannot buy the plugin, you cannot obtain it unless you buy both a full commercial license of Max AND you buy subscription.
As a Student you are NOT entitled to the plugin, however much you may want or need it.
Sorry, but those are the rules, so there is no point repeatedly asking - you will just keep getting the same answer.

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report