Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3ds Max 2014 service pack 4 not installing

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Aaron.Rathbone
827 Views, 3 Replies

3ds Max 2014 service pack 4 not installing

Hey just wondering if anyone else out there is having troubles installing service pack 4 for 3ds max design 2014?
Mine seems to go through the validating files fine but when it turns to Copying new files it just stops and sits there, it doesn't crash except it just sits there... has been like that for hours now.

I've made sure I had everything closed down when I tried to run it again, but still stopping at the same spot.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
spacefrog_
in reply to: Aaron.Rathbone

I would let it run over night...

Usually it takes insanely long on the validiating stage, but who knows what additional gremlins live inside that crazy installer making it take for so long ...

Josef Wienerroither
Software Developer & 3d Artist Hybrid
Message 3 of 4
drendir
in reply to: spacefrog_

if you didn't follow the story surrounding the SP4 for max 2014 - u don't wanna be installing that one just yet... AD took it back off cause there's bugs that come along with it 

Risky.

3dstudio max 2016/2017
Windows 7 & 10
Message 4 of 4
darawork
in reply to: Aaron.Rathbone

http://area.autodesk.com/blogs/maxstation/n222-service-pack-4-for-3ds-max-20143ds-max-design-2014-is...

Darawork
AutoDesk User
Windows 10/11, 3DS Max 2022/24, Revit 2022, AutoCad 2024, Dell Precision 5810/20, ASUS DIY, nVidia Quadro P5000/RTX 5000/GTX760

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report