Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3ds max 2014 crashing when hover over menu.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
marksman123
1957 Views, 2 Replies

3ds max 2014 crashing when hover over menu.

When I right click and hover over "state sets", 3ds Max crashes. Any other item in the menu has no issue, only that one. And also if I go to "manage state sets" underneath it, it give this error (in picture)

I have uninstalled and reinstalled many times, updated gpu drivers, installed both service packs 1 and 2.

Specs:

i7 3930k

Asus Rampage iv Extreme

Nvidia Geforce Gtx 780

32gb Corsair Vengeance ram

Samsung 250gb ssd

2tb WD Black Caviar data drive

I would really appreciate help on this. Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: marksman123

Hi all, I realise this is an old thread but the problem still exists to this day (4th Feb 2015).

The problem is with the state sets menu item (when right clicking in viewport this is the first item which is hovered over, resulting in max crashing). The workaround I have been using is to go into your customize user interface > quads and remove the state sets option from the right click menu.

The reason I think my max scenes have been crashing is because the scene I am working on was first created in Max 2012 and now I am using 2014. The state sets don't seem to work very well when opening old scenes. I don't actually use state sets I must add - never have and never will but there is obviously something in the old max version which is causing problems in newer max releases.

Hope it helps somebody - it's worked for me and haven't had any of these annoying crashes ever since.

Ant

Message 3 of 3
uncharming
in reply to: Anonymous

thank you a lot !

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report