Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3Ds Max 2014 Crashes right after Splash Page

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
AnotherDax
391 Views, 2 Replies

3Ds Max 2014 Crashes right after Splash Page

Hi

I've downloaded 3Ds Max to famailiarize myself with 3D modelling but have had no luck getting it to work.

I've spent atleast a week trying to install 3Ds onto my machine and now when I try to launch it, it simply crashes. It will load to the splashpage to the point of "Starting 3Ds Max". It will then close the splash page for a second and then a error popup saying,"A software error has caused 3ds Max to close unexpectedly". It will not show me the error source, so I cannot look up a solution.

If you need any other information, please tell me, as I am desperately trying to get this to work.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
darawork
in reply to: AnotherDax

Hi,

Does your system meet the minimum specs for the version of Max you are trying to run?

Is your pc in ok shape, stability wise... is there a lot of other bits of stuff installed?

I find CCleaner and IObit uninstaller invaluble for cleaning up broken installations, and general housekeeping.

Darawork
AutoDesk User
Windows 10/11, 3DS Max 2022/24, Revit 2022, AutoCad 2024, Dell Precision 5810/20, ASUS DIY, nVidia Quadro P5000/RTX 5000/GTX760

Message 3 of 3
AnotherDax
in reply to: darawork

Thank you for responding.

I have meet the minimum requirements and while my computer does have multiple other programs installed, it still remains stable with good speeds. I will try CCleaner and IObit, will post results later.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report