Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3D PDF

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
santosh2212
856 Views, 11 Replies

3D PDF

Hi

how to create 3d pdf with autoesk matrial

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
ekahennequet
in reply to: santosh2212

I'm not sure if I understand the question. Could you explain what you are trying to achieve?

Message 3 of 12
paulneale

Good question. I'm not sure that there are any apps that stand alone for this from ADSK and I'm sure that Max can't do it directly. 

Paul Neale

http://paulneale.com

Paul Neale

EESignature

Message 4 of 12
donied

I had a similar issue recently. I ended up buying a plugin called Tetra4. Complete waste of money. The 3D PDFs were huge and the quality was very poor. I compared the scene exported from MicroStation to 3D PDF. The 3D PDF exported from MicroStation was 8mb. The same scene exported from Max using Tetra4D was 110mb.

I eventually abandoned the idea of 3D PDF and talked my client into an animation. One other option is a series of panaramic images. You can put them into a product called Pano2VR. You can link the panoramic images by placing hot spots into the pano2vr. You won't have a 3D PDF but you can create a HTML 5, quicktime or flash ouput. The advantage of this is you will have a very good quality product because your rendering out og Max using yor render engine of choice.

If anybody has found a good quality 3D PDF solution it would be good to know. For now from my experience even though its possible but its not a viable solution

Message 5 of 12
3DTani
in reply to: donied

You can try the SimLab PDF Exporter for 3ds Max. You can publish the materials and there is a setting for the bitmap resolution; the files don't get too big as well.

Message 6 of 12
istan
in reply to: 3DTani

Simlab is not able to export animations. Is there any other solution than this?

Message 7 of 12
PROH
in reply to: istan

Hi. Are you sure the 3D PDF format does support animations? I've never seen that, nor heard about it, but maybe I'm wrong?
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
3dsMax 4.2 to 2018
AutoCAD 2000 to 2018
Infrastructure Design Suite Premium 2012 to 2018

Message 8 of 12
Pyro777

SAP visual enterprise can output 3D PDF's. I can also do it with Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro Exteneded.

Dean

Max 2019
Win 10 64-bit; Dual Xeon E5-2699 v4 @ 2.20 GHz; 64 GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080
V-Ray 4.02.05.00001
Message 9 of 12
istan
in reply to: PROH

See e.g.: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHpZE0zTHZU

But it does not work with 3dsmax..

Message 10 of 12
istan
in reply to: Pyro777

But no animations, or?

Message 11 of 12
Pyro777
in reply to: istan

I havn't done any animations inside Acrobat, but Visual Enterprise does them very easily. They don't import from max however, and they only import Standard material. You can create your own materials very easily within the program. It has a few rendering engines as well. Very cool program. But when I know I am going to want to create an interactive document with VE, there is a point where further development in Max is useless. Simply because there are things (like A&D  materals, animations) don't import.

Dean

Max 2019
Win 10 64-bit; Dual Xeon E5-2699 v4 @ 2.20 GHz; 64 GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080
V-Ray 4.02.05.00001
Message 12 of 12
istan
in reply to: Pyro777

So for Max this does not exist. I am not really concerned about the materials but I know other simulation/animation systems with integrated 3D-PDF export also including animations.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report