Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3D MAX x64 - 0xc000007b error on windows 7 x64

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
nicosbo
838 Views, 13 Replies

3D MAX x64 - 0xc000007b error on windows 7 x64

Hellow, firt, sorry for my english, i'm form Argentina. 3D max is the biggest tool for me and my work, i need this now, and is the only app that gives me this error, and present the only problem working with Win 7. I already installed the latest versions of Framework and Visual C++, also download the d3dx9_39.dll file and put it on the 3d max foler (first error i had once i run the app on win 7), beyond this, the 0xc000007b error appear. HEEEELP.

Many thanks.

NICO
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
net_ralf
in reply to: nicosbo

I dont know if this helps, but u might want to copy that d3dx9_39.dll file into windows/system32 folder. and besides that is win7 not a final release yet. I am still on WinXP x64 :)

cheers
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous

I also working my 3dsmax with win7 so far I haven't encounter any error yets. my step is pretty normal format my pc and install win 7 and 3dsmax I even install my vray. All the driver has been handle by win7 which is awesome.
till now havent seen an error. my 3dsmax also never crashed once yet so far.

why need to install the latest framework and visual C++?
when is the error appear? can't even open up 3dsmax?
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous

I'm getting the exact same error and haven't found any solution, so I'll be watching this thread with great anticipation.

Windows 7 has come out as a final release, by the way ;)
Message 5 of 14
ken.pimentel

There are some Win 7 specific bugs popping up. We haven't released fixes to these at this point. Win 7 is not officially supported at this time.
Message 6 of 14
net_ralf

Well the final release of Win7 only went to OEMs, meaning only the illegal corp-key that is flying around is available ;) but that is off topic lol
Message 7 of 14
Anonymous

Well the final release of Win7 only went to OEMs, meaning only the illegal corp-key that is flying around is available ;) but that is off topic lol

Keeping it off topic, the final version has also gone out to my company (we're not an OEM), which is a Microsoft Gold Partner, so we downloaded it off of MSDN.

Too bad that Win7 isn't officially supported yet, but I'm glad to see Autodesk is aware of the problem and I hope a fix will come out soon (hopefully before October when Win7 can be bought in stores)
Message 8 of 14
Anonymous

There are some Win 7 specific bugs popping up. We haven't released fixes to these at this point. Win 7 is not officially supported at this time.

Looking forward to when there will be some help on this issue as I seem to be having the same problem as does many others..

Thx
Message 9 of 14
wlburks

I am having this problem as well. I have installed the all the service packs and hot fixes, as well as the latest .net and visual framework. I also put the d3dx9_39.dll file in the system folder for the OS. Does anyone else have a solution to this problem? I refuse to believe there is not just a quick little fix for this. I am running Win 7 Pro 64bit.
Message 10 of 14
danskimanuk

Hi,

has there been any resolution to this problem?

Haven't been able to find any help on this thus far.
Im running vista business 64 bit and have the same issue with the 39.dll..

would like to know if anyone found any fix?

thanks
D
Message 11 of 14
wlburks
in reply to: danskimanuk

I talked with the Max developers at AU and the word on the street is we are going to have to wait till the next release. They couldn't say anything for sure but when I asked them why they don't support Win7 espically since the beta has been out for almost a year now, their official response was they don't develop software on beta operating systems, which actually does make sense.

As for right now I would just suggest running XP virtually on your machine to get Max running. If your processor doest come with Virtualization enabled you can turn that on in the BIOS. Then you just have to enable the Win 7 XP mode. Then you will be able to run both XP and Win 7 at the same time, and you don't have to buy an XP license too! This is what I am doing right now and it is working pretty well. It is just annoying to have to run and other OS on your system.

Best of luck.
Message 12 of 14
Anonymous

I'm going through the same problem on XP Pro... For now, repairing the Max app by clicking the support information highlight in add/remove programs seems to be the only thing that works. Mind you, I've tried to keep away from Windows 7 for reasons just like this. I did notice one thing, the error seems to occur when Windows switches to standby (probably something to do with bootcamp)...
Message 13 of 14
Anonymous

hi nico, i have had a similar kind of error while trying to run maya 10 x64 over win7 x 64, similar kind of error pops up declaring 0xc000007b error code & then terminating the program. where as when i installed a borrowed maya 10 x86 over similar platform just to test the situation, it worked just fine without any hitch. it's really unclear to me whether the problem lies with the os or is it the software thats got issues. i went through online forums relating to similar problem but neither had a solid solution for the same. one website indicates that it could be the ATICCC service in win 7 that could be the cause of all chaos, but it didnt worked for me. so if anyone comes up with a solution, kindly bother sharing it with the mass.

thanx a lot,
regards,
graphixgen
Message 14 of 14
Anonymous

HI GUYS. I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM BEFORE I INSTALLED 32BIT AND 64 BIT IN THE SAME DIRECTION. TRY TO INSTALL THEM TO THE DIFFERENT DIRECTORIES. I TRIED AND IT HAS BEEN FIXED UP. 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report