Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3d max 2014 problem

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
3857 Views, 5 Replies

3d max 2014 problem

hi, i want to use 3d max 2014. but when i install the software in my pc. and try to run it get open but blank screen in drawing box's all 4 box's are blank i could'nt able to draw anything....

but if i do jst roughly in that plane view... and then render it  shows the object.

i dont knw why it wont shw me anythng when i am trying to draw somethng

i attached one image... to describe my problem please watch that.

please please help me out, i wll be thank full to you

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

This looks like it might be a display driver issue. Have you tried updating your display drivers?

Failing that, you could try using the 'Change Graphics Mode' option from the 'Windows Start' menu (Start > All Programs > Autodesk > Autodesk 3ds max 2014 > Change Graphics Mode) and choose a different option (Nitrous Direct 3D 9 for instance or OpenGL).

Message 3 of 6
BillionWays

OpenGL? Obsolete technology, which offers the latest Autodesk 3D software in the twenty-first century. My disappointment is huge. Engineers in charge of the program for many years has not improved basis for hardwear. All Programs to 3D for the money 10 times smaller can be selected tab cards. You can select and use all the cards and use them to model. 3D Studio Max does not have such a tab. I use this program for 12 years. I redeem subscription. But I see that nothing has changed for the better. I have 3 graphic cards. And I have to open the work station and undo the power manually, otherwise my 3D Max is not working properly. is a disgrace. 3D Max and 3D Max Design should have access to and use of each card, and combine their power to work.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

actuallly i uninstall the software and reinstall it. but i wont get the 3d max.exe

it install all other things of 3d max but not the .exe file. to start 3d max

i check in installed files but there also no file with 3d max.exe

i dont knw what's going on... with me.

Message 5 of 6
CAMedeck

What is your video card?  I wonder if it is not powerful enought to handle Max.

Chris Medeck
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: CAMedeck

This sounds like a DirectDraw to screen issue.

We used to have this, but MADE our IT guys enable DirectDraw to screen, as for 'security' reasons it was disabled. Stupid eh?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report