Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3D max 2014 possible clush with 2012 or 2013 version??? Unable to install

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
304 Views, 1 Reply

3D max 2014 possible clush with 2012 or 2013 version??? Unable to install

Hello everyone.

I came across to a problem that I'm trying to sort it out for the last 2-3 days. I installed 3D max 2012 on my laptop and 2013 also but I'm not able to install the 2014 version. I did uninstall everything, deleted all roots and folders and everything and when I'm trying to install 2014 version is coming up as 3D max Composite 2014 already installed and all I can install is the library and all other options.

Now, I did try to find the 2014 but I can't find it anywhere on my laptop. Does anyone has an opinion or a suggestion on this issue? I need 2012 in my laptop as I have some plugins that I still use. I'm happy to listen some suggestions in order to sort out this problem.

Thank you everyone in advance for your time and help.

Best regards,

Octavian

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
RobH2
in reply to: Anonymous

Have you tried something like CCleaner to clean out the registry? I ran into the same kind of problem recently with another software. I had removed folders and every incidence I could find for the program, rebooted and tried to reinstall. It kept saying, "already installed. " I ran CCleaner and it found some stray residual keys. I removed them and tried again. The program installed.

Not sure it will solve your issue but it might.

Rob Holmes

EESignature

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3ds Max (2023-2025), V-Ray 6.2, Ryzen 9 3950-X Processor, DDR 4 128MB, Gigabyte Aorus X570 Master motherboard, Sabrent Rocket NVMe 4.0 M.2 drives, NVidia RTX 4090, Space Pilot Pro, Windows 11 Pro x64, Tri-Monitor, Cintiq 13HD, Windows 11 x64
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report