Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2014 Viewport Background Image No Lock/Pan Zoom

26 REPLIES 26
Message 1 of 27
reedospeedo
73094 Views, 26 Replies

2014 Viewport Background Image No Lock/Pan Zoom

I just started using 2014 and i cant find the lock/pan zoom option for viewport background images. was it moved someone where else?

26 REPLIES 26
Message 21 of 27
mos_az
in reply to: commerce

Go to Customize -> Preferences and click on the Viewport Tab.

There you can switch the default driver settings to Legacy Direct 3D. Then click OK and restart studio Max. From now on you will be able to see again the Lock Zoom Pan Setting at the viewport background options when pressing Alt+B

Message 22 of 27
mos_az
in reply to: jon

Go to Customize -> Preferences and click on the Viewport Tab.

There you can switch the default driver settings to Legacy Direct 3D. Then click OK and restart studio Max. From now on you will be able to see again the Lock Zoom Pan Setting at the viewport background options when pressing Alt+B
Message 23 of 27
Message 24 of 27
carloseo108
in reply to: mos_az

Indeed, it takes care of pan, but, not zoom.

Was so simple before, now we have to make a marathon of steps to start to modelling? that's frustrating like hell :'(

why, Autodesk, why?!?!

Message 25 of 27

Boys please don't freak out about such a subject.

Zoom/Pan didn't go anywhere, you just have to be seeking for knowledge everywhere you can. So when you look at the manual you can see a note like the one bellow:

Note: As of 3ds Max 2014, the Lock Zoom/Pan checkbox used in previous releases has been replaced by 2D Pan Zoom mode, which is available for perspective, camera, and spotlight viewports.

> PAGE LINK

and so the answer to your problem is in this page: > Page Link

as a small fast answer: in perspective viewport, you should click on [+] and select "2D Pan Zoom Mode". That's All!

Message 26 of 27

2D Pan Zoom mode is not available for Orthographic viewports.

... this is stupid. 

Message 27 of 27

help me ! i can;t see zoom pan in Viewport Background Image.vew.jpg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report