Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Loading Pllug-in DLL

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Bardipper
3913 Views, 4 Replies

Error Loading Pllug-in DLL

Running Windows 10 and got an update a couple of nights ago. When I opened Max 2013 the next morning, I got Error Message: c:\program files\...\plugins\entropy_x64.gup failed to initialize. Error Code 126 -- The specified module could not be found. The file is there, and its size hasn't changed. I had Max build a new ENU folder which didn't eliminate the problem. Microsoft is no help and I can't  find anything on the Internet or Area. Can someone please tell me how to fix this? Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hello @Bardipper,

I'd like to try to help with this issue.  First I do want to mention that 2013 is not officially supported under windows 10, the only version that is supported for Windows 10 is 2017.  However, I'd like to take a shot at this regardless.  Please note that I only have current version - 3 on my machine, so 2014-2017.  I can't verify most of what I am going to suggest, so we have to work together.   Is the update that was installed a couple nights ago called the Anniversary update?  

Entropy_x64.gup I believe is related to bullet physics.  Do you have any 3rd party physics plugins installed?  (Rayfire, Volumebreaker, PulldownIt, etc?)  If so, could you try to reinstall them please?

Since you can see the file but you get an error message that it is not found, you are probably having an issue where Windows is being helpful and blocking access to the file.  This also seems to happen with max.wrappers.dll from time to time, and you can find more info on that here.  There is also a thread here where I've been working with someone to try to fix a similar issue, you might see which steps help if any.  

Double check your anti-virus and Windows Defender to make sure they aren't blocking access to the file (or any .dlls associated with the file).  You may have to refer to your manufacturers website for 3rd party AV.  

Let's start there and see if anything helps, please keep me posted.  

Please hit the "Accept as Solution" button if my post fully solves your issue or answers your question. This lets me know that I was effective in helping you, and thank you for doing so.

Best Regards,

Message 3 of 5

It was RayFire. I upgraded to the most recent version which doesn't use the entropy.gup file, so I deleted it. But then another error message came up: ....RFCache.....gup. To solve that problem, I downloaded the MS Visual C++2015 Redistribution (x64) and got rid of that. So Max is working fine now. Thanks again.
Richard

Message 4 of 5

Hello @Bardipper,

Nice work!  Working together we are unstoppable!  Thanks for keeping me posted and have a great week. 

Best Regards,

Message 5 of 5
unmatal
in reply to: Bardipper

Great help. Merci

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report