Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error allocating mesh

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
2055 Views, 2 Replies

Error allocating mesh

I have been importing lightwave objects into max with fbx. They are vehicles. I import them without freezing or subdividing them so I can apply meshsmooth. Everytime I apply meshsmooth, I get a error saying error allocating meshsmooth data. Then the whole car chassis disappears in my view.

Then when I try to render, I get an error message saying error allocating mesh. Insufficent memory available,for mesh object. Reduce the face count to render this scene.

I am using the 64 bit version of 3dsmax.

The objects show up perfectly in Lightwave, and Blender. 3ds Max is having the trouble. My computer has an enormous amount of memory.

Is there a poly threshold limit I must adjust in order to get rid of the error?

Thanks
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
AlexRichards
in reply to: Anonymous

Are they NURBS objects in Lightwave? If so, try and collapse them to a polygon mesh before export.

Have you tried resetting the xform on the imported objects?

Also maybe try the snapshot tool on the imported objects. Might create a cleaner mesh from the imports.

All I can think of right now..

Alex
3dsmax 2014-5 / Mudbox 2014-5

i7 8 core ~3.6ghz / 32GB RAM / Geforce GTX 770 4GB / 256GB SSD & 2TB HD / Dell 1920x1080 x2 / Wacom Bamboo Pen / Kensington Slimblade Trackball

https://twitter.com/looksfeels
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Thanks for the tips. Although im having another problem. The imported objects materials have the specular level all the way to 100%. The imported object is a fbx from lightwave. How can I import a object with the same specular level in lightwave?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report