Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3DS 2017 crashes every 20 minute when zooming and saving

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
jbh
Observer
411 Views, 2 Replies

3DS 2017 crashes every 20 minute when zooming and saving

Hi there

3Ds crashes frequently every 20 minute espacially when moving objects and zooming in viewport.

What could be wrong? Should i reinstall? 

My graphic-card is Nvidia Quadro m1000m on Windows 10, 64 bit.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Alfred.DeFlaminis
in reply to: jbh

Hello @jbh,

I did a search based on your email address and I don't have any crash reports from the address associated with your forum profile.  If you get another crash, you might try to enter your email in the CER report and then send it in so I can investigate further.

However, your current graphics card doesn't show up on the list of supported graphics hardware.  Some graphics cards will still work despite not being on that list of hardware.  

I would recommend two main things to try here.  First, you may have to update your graphics drivers in Windows.  Latest is not always greatest, sometimes going back a version or two is the key to a stable environment.  Second, you might try a different display driver within 3ds Max. 

Heat can cause crashes as well.  You might want to double check that it's not getting too hot.  Please keep me posted.

Please hit the "Accept as Solution" button if my post fully solves your issue or answers your question. This lets me know that I was effective in helping you, and thank you for doing so.

Best Regards,

Message 3 of 3
Alfred.DeFlaminis
in reply to: jbh

Hello @jbh,

I just wanted to follow up here, any progress on your issue?

Best Regards,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report