Community
3ds Max Animation and Rigging
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max animation topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

official CAT tutorials

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
steve
496 Views, 0 Replies

official CAT tutorials

Hi all,

Not been round these parts for many a year!

It's been long overdue, but I am finally learning CAT. Looks great! I started with Michael McCarthy's overview tuts on Youtube - excellent. For a change, a paced, to the point, clear tutorial....not too slow, not rambling, not constantly farting around moving the viewport, saying ummm...errr....and drifting off the point all the time - brilliant.

Question is: why wasn't he asked to do the official tuts in the Max help link? They are done by Louis Marcoux. He's ok, but not as good at all. I have to keep having breaks or it drives me nuts! Appreciate all the vids available nowadays and yeah I'm pretty long in the tooth and grumpy perhaps, but I flatter myself that I am still a quick learner. The way some of these tuts are done though, makes it very hard. WHY don't they script them beforehand? And/or edit and review them to make sure they work from a learner's POV??

No offence Louis, but I think a little less coffee and a little more planning would have been good!

Steve Whiteley
Animation Director
Gizmo Animation Limited
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report