Community
3ds Max Animation and Rigging
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max animation topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is there a tutorial on how to animate a back flip in cat?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
735 Views, 6 Replies

is there a tutorial on how to animate a back flip in cat?

Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Thank you
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

If this is close to what you want, I can do a Camtasia screencap tutorial that shows how I did it:

http://klanky.com/tests/CATBackHandStand.avi
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

Tom, that would be great thank you!
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

The CAT handstand is great. I love the detail of the weight being transferred into the arms and shoulders when the legs lift off the ground, and your website is fascinating! What an interesting fellow you are! :)

You are using CAT in the example above then, which I am just getting into. How does it compare to automatron and other systems you have used? I don't have much experience with character rigging, but CAT seems to work quite well out of the box with just a few tweaks here and there which aren't difficult to do.

Doug.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

you can use delegate and a line or do it manually. you can mix back and fourth between the two you have a lot of options with cat
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

Thanks Doug! It was a fun little test to practice IK/FK transfer, and I was rather pleased since it was done on my notebook system while I was watching something on TV! :-)

I really liked using Automatron because it allowed detailed control of every joint on my character via a big control panel -- No need to click on a finger or arm or whatever. It had some really cool capabilities and a built-in crowd system. Sadly, it ended up on the torrent sites shortly after release and Andy pulled it. I'd still use it for some stuff if it was available for Max 2010/2011.

I was one of the first users of CAT when it initially came out and love its flexibility for animating quadrupeds (and other multi-legged creatures).
Message 7 of 7
leeman

Hi Tom,

I would be interested to see the Camtasia capture as well.

Thanks.

Lee

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report