Community
3ds Max Animation and Rigging
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max animation topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

animation clips, getting animation ontu ctrls from a dummy object.

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
sgiovanni
321 Views, 0 Replies

animation clips, getting animation ontu ctrls from a dummy object.

I have a character on a surfboard.  I Made dummy objects to control the character and the surfboard

so there is a dummy object for the characters root controll, as well as the surfboard (two seperate)

I am using sliders to controll those dummy objects,.. so  if i want the character to jump, i would animate a jump slider which would animate the dummy thats linked to the root control of the character and make the character jump.

same with th eboard  if i wanted to board to jump, or spin , or twist, ( a dummy for each move to connect to seperate sliders)   i woule move the slider which would animate the dummy thats linked to the bourd.    all the dummys are linked so that theres only one dummy linked to the board and the rest are link to each other with respect to thier position in the chain.

i do this becuase it makes it hella easy to animate my characters moves, ( this is for a game)     My only issue is,.. how do i make animation clips to mix and match them and/or to transfer them fbx to get it to the programmer,.. being that i am animating sliders for movements,... the keys are never touching the actuall rig becuase they are essentially to the sliders which are connected via wire param  to the dummies.  all dummies use simple link to whatever object it i scontrolling.

so again my question is,.. What are my options, since the keys are on the slider and not the rig, and i need to export the rigs animation fbx. Thanks!

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report