Community
3ds Max Animation and Rigging
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max animation topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UGGGH CAT RIBCAGE WHATS THE POINT OF IT???

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
sgiovanni
921 Views, 3 Replies

UGGGH CAT RIBCAGE WHATS THE POINT OF IT???

First and formost i want to thank everyone at the forum for issues in the past that they have helped me with

right now though i have another one... can someone please tell me what on earth is the point of the ribcage on cat??? im not a superexperianced rigger with cat but i find there is no use for it at all.

when i move my spines,..  it does not move or rotate with it,...    even if i click on the "rotation" box in the " inheratnace" section.  I am just going to leave the bone out of the skin,. .but its urking me because it is there.. it has to be there for a reason,...

when I rotate the spine the ribcate does not rotate with it and it stratches  my mesh out... why is it there?? does anyone have any experiance using.. or seeing it being used practiaclly.. can you give me or show me some examples??       or is there anyway i can delete it, or make it roate with my spines?      thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
tyree_10
in reply to: sgiovanni

the spine is a child of the ribcage.  the child can never move the parent. I never include the ribcage when skinning only the spines

Message 3 of 4
sgiovanni
in reply to: tyree_10

yea I didnt get that the rib cage was the controller,.. i was trying to move the other bones and was getting frustrated when the ribcage would move because of the way it deformed the mesh... almost like i was treating a ik set up like an fk setup and being upset at the ik set up,.. I got it now though thanks! check my other posts tho still in need of help,.. im trying to link  3ds max feet  ik to a surfboard so that when i movethe board the feet move also.

Message 4 of 4
tyree_10
in reply to: sgiovanni

there is a tutorials section on this site that covers linking but you should use the help and reference files to answer your questions before posting. some software forces you to use a forum because the help file is terrible or doesnt exist. with max that is not the case. help and reference files are detailed. and getting it from the help file is faster

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report