Community
3ds Max Animation and Rigging
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max animation topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible to change/offset Pivot position of Hand IK?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
tigerija
850 Views, 1 Reply

Possible to change/offset Pivot position of Hand IK?

Is it possible change Pivot position of Hand IK from END OF PALM to END OF WRIST?

Seems like changing it under SubObject causes several problems:

1. Move IK to hand creates offset (so it doesnt match it) => can be solved by using alling instead. So CAT matching gets broken there..
  2. It only stores pivot offset under specific layer. So you have to do it for each layer.

I managed to get desired effect by linking Hand IK to spline and controls that spline instead. Did that in 2nd abs layer while animation mode was one. Hand IK is now driven by that spline. Spline Pivot is placed on wrist.

Problem with that is that splint object is not part of CAT system, so its keyframes do not go under layers. It is not that big of a deal but still...

Anyone know any solution? I would appreaciate. Thanks!

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
tigerija
in reply to: tigerija

BTW, can I just add new bone to Palm/Hand, have its pivot positioned at wrist, unlink it, link Hand IK to it.
What I will get is basically and extra bone that is not linked to anything and Hand IK is being child of it.
Will that cause any problems?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report