Community
3ds Max Animation and Rigging
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max animation topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Need Help! Cat foot rotates in ik mode when its not supposed to

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
sgiovanni
1619 Views, 2 Replies

Need Help! Cat foot rotates in ik mode when its not supposed to

im tyring to set up my rig in a pose for animation,..    the animation is going to require some ik/fk swithing.  Now in the "limb animation" panel, i have the ik/fk switch  all the way to ik.  but my foot still rotates!  the only thing that is suppsed to rotate is the fk wireframe you see when you select the checkbox "display fk limb in ik"      

i dont have this problem on the hand or the legs,... only the foot.        attached are some pictures to give yuo an example.. in one of them i have the leg rotated.. but the actual leg is not moved.. only the wireframe of the fk and this is the correct functionality.        and in the other picture i have an example of the issue im facing.. where i rotate the foot in ik mode and it rotates along with the fk wireframe., this is incorrect.  Has anyone else had this issue,... any idea how to rectify??

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
sgiovanni
in reply to: sgiovanni

ok soafter doing some reasearch,.. i fount that its supposed to do that... the only thing is though.. its a bitch to do a clean switch from fk to ik,.. with the arms its very smooth.. all you have to do is  press the "match ik to fk" button and the fk snaps to the ik, now here is the tricky part... the hand stays the same.. so if it was rotated in a strange position it will not snap.. the arm will but the hand will stay rotated.... the way you remedy this is by  simply rotating the hand in ik mode, when you do this the fk hand rotates and the ik hand does not move  so that you can lay them right on top of each other for a clean fk ik switch.......  

trying this with the feet however is a difrent stoy  the process is the same you press the  "match fk to ik" button  and the fk leg snaps to the ik.. but the foot is rotated strangely.. now if you try to match the fk foot to the ik foot by rotating the fook in ik mode  the ik  rotates along with the fk foot.. as apposed to the hands where only the fk hand rotated so you could place it on top of the ik hand...   with the foot you cannot place the fk on to pof the ik beucase the fk is rotating with the ik.         how do you solve this??

Message 3 of 3
ukdesigner
in reply to: sgiovanni

You can't, it's been this way since 2004 šŸ™‚

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report