Community
3ds Max Animation and Rigging
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max animation topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I don't have CAT?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Jabberwockxeno
927 Views, 5 Replies

I don't have CAT?

I have the 2013 ultimate entertainment student suite or whatever the official name for it is (Contains lifetime student versions 3ds max, maya, softifimage mudbox, etc) and I went to use CAT for the first time, and I notice I don't seem to have it.

Is there any place I can purchase or download it?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Command Panel > Create (tab) > Helpers > select "CAT Objects" from the drop-down list.

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Message 3 of 6

That's the thing: CAT isn't listed there.

Message 4 of 6

You should have. As far as I know it is just part of Max, regardless of license type or whether it's part of a suite.

Are you absolutely certain the CAT Objects option isn't there?

CATOption.png

If not then I've no idea 😞

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)

Message 5 of 6

Ah, there it is. It's only listed through the side menu, not through the tabs at the top of the screen.

I had previously used a version of max where it was listed via the top, too. I assumed that both create menus would have the same things regardless if accessed through the side or top.

Message 6 of 6

That must have been quite an old version. CAT was originally (if memory serves) only available via a subscription-only extension. In that release maybe it was on the Main Menu somewhere as an easy way to provide access to it. It's been on the right ever since it became part of the normal Max distribution (rather than an extension to it).

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report