Community
3ds Max Animation and Rigging
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max animation topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove a cat rig from a model

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
3745 Views, 9 Replies

How to remove a cat rig from a model

I am trying to remove a cat rig from a model but I am finding that I can not delete out the big tri angle base plate. When I try to delete the cat base plate it also deletes my model mesh from the scene. I have been able to delete all the cat bones with no problem. Is there something I need to do special to get CAT completely removed from my model file?
Thank you in advance on any help on this issue.
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
samab
in reply to: Anonymous

Unlink any model parts that are linked to the rig and remove the model's Skin mod.
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous

Samab,
That is what I thought it was as well so I triple checked and All links and skin modes are removed and still no go. Thank you for the suggestion. Ahh CAT!!!
Message 4 of 10
tyree_10

use mesher to make a copy of the model
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous

Tyree,
Could you give a step by step on how I would use mesher to remove the cat base plate? Only thing I am finding on mesher is to convert particles to a mesh. Using this mesher will it effect the hero model in anyway? such as uv mapping?
Thanks
Message 6 of 10
tyree_10

you could also duplicate the model and remove the skin modifier. the mesher model wouldnt have uv coordinates, but if you already have the map done. the mesher model wouldnt need a uv. just apply the map from the original to the mesher model
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous

I was hopeing that maybe I was just missing something simple to remove a cat rig base plate. Thanks for the suggestion Tyree but that just seems to be just a little to much to do to just remove the base plate. No worries I will just install my new none cat rig in my back up model that has never had a rig installed in it. I am sure glade over these years I keep a clean model file.
Best of luck to you all.
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous

Hi...
01. Remove catmotion layer from motion panel, just right click & remove.
02. remove skin modifier
03. Then Remove cat rig.
I hope it will work for u..
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous

Hi…
01. Remove catmotion layer from motion panel, just click on delete layer button.
02. remove skin modifier
03. Then Remove cat rig.
Stop catmotion layer first.
I hope it will work for u..
Message 10 of 10
Graeck

You have to remove all parts of your character (mesh) from the Extra Parts list of your CAT rig. Select the CATParent, go to Modify Panel, press "Add Rigging", and remove all items from the list. After that, you will be able to delete your CAT rig without your mesh being deleted. Reason for this is as long as your mesh is part of the Extra Parts list and so part of the CAT rig, it will save and load with the CAT RG3 format.
My CAT demoreel:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gfq-4VoeAPU

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report