Community
3ds Max Animation and Rigging
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max animation topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ending a walkcycle

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
173 Views, 2 Replies

Ending a walkcycle

My objective is to stop a normal walkcycle (catmotion)at a given time, and i thought i could do that by blending an absolute anmation layer at the moment i want to stop the animation... but this doesn't work, the character suddently slip back to the starting pose. I can't even set the weight of the catmotion layer to 0, it seems like it's impossible to do.
The strange thing is that i managed to do that somehow the first time i tried Cat, but now i totaly forgot how to do that.
Pls, this is driving me crazy.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Your approach is correct. Blending into an Abs layer is the way to go. However, you need to move your character in the Abs layer to the position where you want him to stop. I suppose that your character still stands in the world origin in your Abs layer. Use the CAT Layer Transform Gizmo to do so.

The reason why you can't weight your CATMotion layer to 0 is most probably caused by the fact it is the first layer in your stack, so there would be no pose where the character would go into if weighted to 0.
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Thank you very much!
I still wonder how the hell did i managed to do that the first time, lol !

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report