Community
3ds Max Animation and Rigging
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max animation topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAT capture animation

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
669 Views, 5 Replies

CAT capture animation

Hi all,

just to flag this up again as I have found no solution but the capture animation with CAT is not working.

I've tried loading in BVH, BIP and tried capture animation from a biped and fbx rigs all with the same error but this is nothing new as these posts describe,

http://area.autodesk.com/forum/autodesk-3ds-max/3ds-max-cat/capture-animation-bug-on-catrig-mapping/

http://area.autodesk.com/forum/autodesk-3ds-max/3ds-max-cat/cat-capture-animation-bug---basically-do...

Any info would be greatly appreciated, if CAT works it will be the best workflow for a project I have coming up but at the moment seems like it just doesn't do what it's supposed to?

cheers
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Steve_Curley
in reply to: Anonymous

Spamming these forums with duplicate posts, on the same topic, in multiple threads, is not acceptable behaviour here, as per the forum rules. The other posts have been removed.

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

I'll put my hands up and say that I replied to other threads with the same topic but what I did not do was just copy and paste my own information for my use. If you look at those other threads the topic has been ignored and what I replied was relevant to the previous comments that were stated. I was trying to let the individuals who were experiencing issues know that they were not alone and to inform them what I had done to look into the issue.

I'll steer clear from a rant at this point but can you offer any information regarding the CAT capture animation workflow please?
Message 4 of 6
Steve_Curley

If the other threads were being ignored then there's no point bumping them, potentially pushing more important threads off the front page and into obscurity. A single thread on a particular topic is sufficient.

As for CAT, no - I don't use it therefore I can't help with it. I'm afraid you'll have to wait for someone who is more conversant with it to answer you question.

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Based on advice over at the polycount forums I am currently testing the same process in max 2013 and it seems to be working. The thread can be found here.

http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=101391
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Hey all,

I was wondering if anyone has managed to get the capture animation process working in 2011 or 2012?

cheers

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report