Community
3ds Max Animation and Rigging
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max animation topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAT bones driven by wiring parameters don't animate

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
419 Views, 1 Reply

CAT bones driven by wiring parameters don't animate

Well, they do animate, but on playback/scrubbing they don't update.

I've built a reverse foot rig out of CAT bones, and after wiring everything up to some custom attributes, the CAT bones won't update after being animated by my sliders. I've added the custom attributes with the 'Add Extra Controller' option to the foot control, so the custom attributes are saved with the anim layer, but still no dice.

Am I missing something, or has anyone else run into this? Is this just an issue with CAT? I've notice other issues similar to this and I've gotten around them with Position/Orientation constraints, but I don't have a workout for the wiring issue.

Seems related to this:
http://www.the-area.com/forum/autodesk-3ds-max/3ds-max-cat/cat-linking-bug-in-2011/

UPDATE:
It appears that if the foot control with the custom attributes is animated, the CAT bones animated with the sliders using custom attributes will also update on playback/scrubbing. Definitely seems like a bug with CAT...
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
fla3d
in reply to: Anonymous

I've been using instanced controllers and expression, but I have to connect them via script to some CAT motion layer for them working properly.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report