Community
3ds Max Animation and Rigging
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max animation topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAT Motion Extraction Node

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
tigre_fx
1710 Views, 3 Replies

CAT Motion Extraction Node

Hi, if you didn't know about this tool, let me tell you is very powerful, particularly when you need link the whole rig to another object.

If you are working in 3ds max 2011 you know about the link the pelvis to Container dont not work, but if you link the Motion Extraction Node to the Container all is fine.

Actually I am discovered this today, I hope someone will find it useful.

Containers with CAT rigs are a BIG time saver.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
vn123465
in reply to: tigre_fx

I cannot get it to work in max 2014 x64. It behaves very weird. It does not move in the space property. If i have 30 frames timeline, it starts to move after about half the frames. If i enable Allow Keyframing it does not move at all. Everything looks so strange that i can not figure out how to use it. Is there any information or tutorial because i can't find any info.
Message 3 of 4
ztravnicky
in reply to: tigre_fx

Is there any Maxscript access to CAT Motion Extraction Node creation/properties ?

I didn't find any?

Message 4 of 4
sgiovanni
in reply to: ztravnicky

yeait aacting wierd for me to, when i move it around it goes all over the place.. even if i am moving it in only on axis.    Also Is  there a way to  make your own CATmotion layers?   for instance i want to make a jump cycle and other cycles thati save as a cat motion layer for use with other identical characters...  how do i do that,...  i dont see any default  preset where my character can start in its default pose.

another question also, every  character has a surfboard..  can i make an extra bone and  attach it to the over all character rig,.  so that i can apply it to all my charaters?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report