Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

viewport issue

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
161 Views, 6 Replies

viewport issue

Hi everyone! I'm Damian. I have a question about viewports (orthographic only) I've downloaded 3dsmax 2010 demo from autodesk website. When I work with primitives everything works great. But, when I just apply an Edit poly modifier or convert an object to Editable poly, viewport starts to miss parts of axis or grid draws above geometry. I'm working max on a c2d 6750, 4gb ram, nvivdia geforce 9600gt on vista x64. I´m studying in an ATC wich is using also max 2010 but with sp1, and issue still happen there. ATC has xp x86 on workstations.
As you can see, no wheels or viewcube present.
I'm sorry for my english. I hope you can help me to know why this happen. Thanks anyway.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
marKgerhard
in reply to: Anonymous

I dont see the problem from your screenshot. You can turn off the Grid by hitting "G" key.
Is it a display issue you're asking about? Direct X can sometimes act funny, changing to Software Z Buffer Driver will tell you if the behavior is related to Direct X. If so, you might see about the graphic drivers your video card is using - either update or rollback, that might aid you as well.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

Thanks Mark for trying to help! well, I have another screenshot to show the bug. Please can you tell me how to make this changes you have said? i don't understand what to do. I've uninstalled video card drivers to try with vista's default drivers but doesn't work. Also I've downloaded recent drivers from nvidia website and doesn't work. I've switched to OpenGL mode but max has a poor performance with complex scenes. Also I've switched to dx10 mode but faces appears with an X in the center (possible triangulation I suppose) so if you or somebody needs more details, please tell me.

Message 4 of 7
Steve_Curley

A few things to try.

Rename your 3dsmax.ini - allow Max to create a new, clean one.
Viewcube may not be visible, but the module is probably still being loaded. Rename AutoCamMax.gup to prevent it being loaded - it's in the StdPlugs folder.
Try a different Theme - Customise | Custom UI and Defaults Switcher.
Does your system have mouse-specific drivers loaded? Try removing them and using the default ones in Windows.

Make sure Max is closed befoe making the above changes (one at a time or you won't know which, if any, fixes the problem).

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Message 5 of 7
CAMedeck

I occasionally get the missing handles like that on certain, heavy files. Usually if I hover the mouse over the handles they will reappear. Or, click and move it, then right-click without releasing the left button. It will cancel the move, and the handles should be back. Seems like a display problem, but not bad enough for me to need to troubleshoot.

Chris Medeck
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

I occasionally get the missing handles like that on certain, heavy files. Usually if I hover the mouse over the handles they will reappear. Or, click and move it, then right-click without releasing the left button. It will cancel the move, and the handles should be back. Seems like a display problem, but not bad enough for me to need to troubleshoot.

Yeah, this sometimes happens to me, but i just roll the mouse all over the view port and everything goes back to normal...
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

OK, Thanks a lot to all of you! I'll pray about a patch wich can fix it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report