Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

map browser viewport glitch / bug?

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
rogue3d
222 Views, 0 Replies

map browser viewport glitch / bug?

since installing max design 2012 on windows 7, I've been encountering a problem that I can't seem to figure out. It seems related to the material/map browser. After working in max for a while and opening and closing the the map browser (I use the old configuration) I've noticed that if I move a window (any window - render window, layers manager, render setup, map browser, etc...) The max debugger window opens up and every tool bar not currently visible becomes visible and is floating on top of my screen.

The weird thing is that none of the toolbars are actually open. Clicking on the "X" does not close them, I have to select the toolbar and drag it a little bit and it simply disappears. In addition, if I render nothing happens, max will hang and never begin to render. Only after cancelling the render and then closing the debugger (which does not come to the top, so most of the time it isn't visible except that max on the taskbar shows two windows open, which is the only indication that the debugger is open).

After this occurs 3 or 4 times while working the 5th time, max crashes. It's very annoying and happening more frequently. I thought it was a graphics driver issue or graphics card memory issue and tried different drivers as well as swapping cards, neither worked. Also tried direct X and nitro , no difference. I've read and tried all the wacky windows 7 tricks concerning Aero theme and performance settings and none of that has helped either.

my specs are:

max design 2012
release 14.0 SP2

Boxx Workstation
duel xeon e5440 @ 2.83GHz
8GB ram
Nvidia quadro fx 1700 (driver 7614)
win 7 64bit SP1

Any help / ideas would be greatly appreciated.

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report