Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(Wrong Axis) do I have to do this every time I create a new object?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
asafalyrayyan
2614 Views, 3 Replies

(Wrong Axis) do I have to do this every time I create a new object?

hii everyone, I need help, why when I export objects from 3ds max, the pivot axis is always wrong. problem in the Y and Z axis. I had to change the pivot objects in the hierarchy tab manually every time I create a new object, it makes me tired. please help me.

note: I never got this problem before.

see my video, export and import wrong axis object using 3ds max and unity3d

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
PROH
in reply to: asafalyrayyan

Hi. As you probably figured out, the problem lies in the differences in the programs. In Max (+ al lot of other viz, design & CAD programs) Z is up, and in Unity (and almost any game engine) Y is up. The easiest way to fix it, is to make sure the fbx exporter is set up to transform Z to Y. Haven't got access to it right now, but there is a checkbox somewhere in the exporter that does the trick.

Hope it helps
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
3dsMax 4.2 to 2018
AutoCAD 2000 to 2018
Infrastructure Design Suite Premium 2012 to 2018

Message 3 of 4
asafalyrayyan
in reply to: PROH

it also occurs in Autodesk Mudbox when I paint the objects.  i never got this problem before, i tried to open my old 3d model that i create in the same 3ds max, its fine axis in unity and mudbox. see this video, the pointer of mudbox brushes getting wrong oriented surface.

note : it never occurs before

see this video

http://youtu.be/V8UnU60dw74

it means that there is an error in 3ds max.

Message 4 of 4
PROH
in reply to: asafalyrayyan

Something must have changed then. What could that be? What happens if you use an older version of the fbx exporter?
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
3dsMax 4.2 to 2018
AutoCAD 2000 to 2018
Infrastructure Design Suite Premium 2012 to 2018

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report