Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrapping one object around another

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
713 Views, 4 Replies

Wrapping one object around another

Hi guys

I am doing quite well learning 3ds max! One thing I am having trouble with though, is situations where I need to wrap one object around another. I will give a very simple example. A towel hanging on a bar in a bathroom. Specifically the part where the towel wraps around the bar. I have experimented with different ways of doing this, but have not found my methods to be satisfactory. Can anyone point me to a good link for this? I am searching these forums and searching google, but have found nothing helpful yet. Thank you in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
RobH2
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi. A good way to do what you want with a towel is to use cloth. Here is a link to get you going:

Cloth

Rob Holmes

EESignature

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3ds Max (2023-2025), V-Ray 6.2, Ryzen 9 3950-X Processor, DDR 4 128MB, Gigabyte Aorus X570 Master motherboard, Sabrent Rocket NVMe 4.0 M.2 drives, NVidia RTX 4090, Space Pilot Pro, Windows 11 Pro x64, Tri-Monitor, Cintiq 13HD, Windows 11 x64
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: RobH2

Thanks. The link was removed though. I will research this though.

Message 4 of 5
Steve_Curley
in reply to: Anonymous

The link is there - the word "Cloth" on its own line. The link is valid and works.

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Steve_Curley

thanks, I did a facepalm after trying it again, ha ha.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report