Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ViewCube lost

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
217 Views, 7 Replies

ViewCube lost

i dont know what happen. i installed 3ds max 3 days ago. today, i dont see the viewcube. go to View, Viewpoint config, viewcube, i check Show the ViewCube. when i press OK, nothings happen, when i go back to Viewpoint config. Show the ViewCube option is unchecked itself. what happen. the SteeringWheel is also lost. when i press ctrl + w. i dont see the wheel. i just see a little angle icon.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

its usually a video card issue, did u resized the image or thats ur resolution?
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous

no, in the image above, i minimize the 3ds max windows. even i maximize the windows. i still dont see the ViewCube. my video card is GTX 260 216
Message 4 of 8
soulburn

Do you have a file called C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2010\stdplugs\AutoCamMax.gup

If not, that might be why your viewcube and steering wheels are missing. And you may need to reinstall.

- Neil
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

alright. i got it. i changed the video mode back to dx9. i dont know if this is a bug or not, if i change to grapgic mode to dx10. the viewcube lost and the SHow the Viewcube option uncheck itself no matter how many time you check it. i am using Nvidia GTX 260. does anyone have this problem in DX10 mode or is it just me?
Message 6 of 8
Steve_Curley

It's a well known issue - the System Requirements for Max clearly states that DX9.0c is required.
Had you mentioned DX10 early on we could have told you to revert to DX9 and saved you 4 days of frustration.
This is why we ask all members to to put their software version and (brief) system specs is their signatures so the details are immediately visible to anyone responding.
We see Vista or Win7 and immediately know that trying to use DX10 is a possibility.

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Steve_Curley

Hey,

I got the same problem and i use xp and Dx9 .
So how can i fix this.
Btw the help function in 3ds max doesn't help me...

GreetZzz
Message 8 of 8
myufka

there was a same prob on my machine and i fixed it, now viewcube seems clearly 🙂
i was using dx10 and i changed the dx10 to dx9 and fixed.

-> start max using 3dsmax.exe -h and select dx9

im using
3dsmax2011 student ver
win7 x64
ati hd3650

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report