Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selection sets dont work anymore?!!

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
Anonymous
839 Views, 12 Replies

Selection sets dont work anymore?!!

Hi all, 

Before this broke, I could select a few objects then type into the 'named slection sets' tp.jpgbox, shown here, to create a set.  Then later come back to it, click the drop down and select my set again (very handy!) but now all i can do is click on it to see an empty drop down box, it wont let me type into it at all.  
This has only recently stopped working and I would really like some help, hope you can help me! (and sorry if this has been brought up before, if so please could you link me to it as i can't find any info anywhere) Also im using 3ds max 2014 if thats of any use.  

Thanks in advance for your help! 

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
Steve_Curley
in reply to: Anonymous

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Modeling/Add-to-named-selection/td-p/5010392 though that is for 2015 and (initially at least) for a slightly different question. I can't recall offhand if it was reported previously for 2014.

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: Steve_Curley

Thanks very much, that's the same issue, but sadly it looks like there's no conlusion there to how it was fixed?

I'll try resetting the preferences.  

Thanks 

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous

hmmmmmmm.... I've tried deleting the preferences and re-installing it, still no joy. 

Going to get 2015 in a few days and hopefully that might sort the issue!

Message 5 of 13
Steve_Curley

Well, seeing as the other thread IS about 2015 you may not see any improvement, though I still can't get it to go wrong here. I still think it could be theme-related - I changed to the ame-light theme (Customise > Load Custom UI Scheme) immediately after installation (I can't stand that dark UI).

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)

Message 6 of 13
lightcube

I had this same issue in 2014 recently. Reseting the theme/UI is what fixed it for me. But I had to create a new UI theme altogether.

Shawn Olson

Developer of Wall Worm
3ds Max plugins and Scripts

3ds Max 4/Gmax - 3ds Max 2020
Mudbox 2009-2019

Windows 10 x64
i7 8700K
64GB RAM
Geforce 1080ti
Message 7 of 13
paulneale
in reply to: lightcube

Odd, no issue where in 2014 or 2015. 

Paul Neale

http://paulneale.com

Paul Neale

EESignature

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous

YAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYY Thanks all for your help, especially Steve being the first to come up with the idea, changing to another UI through the 'customize - Custom UI' fixed it! Hooray, thanks again guys!

Message 9 of 13
Steve_Curley

Glad you're sorted, but it's a weird one because most people will be using the default UI so I'd be expecting a lot more folks with problems if it is actually that UI at fault and not random corruption.

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)

Message 10 of 13
Anonymous

Yea it's bizarre! But at least there is an easy enough fix for it i spose

Message 11 of 13
spacefrog_

maybe your toolbar UI config file ( *.cuix, most propably MaxStartUI.cuix ) got "touched" by the devil's hand, meaning got some error inside the main toolbar's definition structure

Josef Wienerroither
Software Developer & 3d Artist Hybrid
Message 12 of 13
ekahennequet

Hi coop. Makes sure to give Steve kudos. We want to see him reach 1000 so his avatar is etched in stone on Mount Kudos. 🙂

Message 13 of 13
Steve_Curley
in reply to: ekahennequet

😄

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report