Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quadro K5000 using backburner, iray and rdp

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
alexanderteusch.com
919 Views, 3 Replies

Quadro K5000 using backburner, iray and rdp

Hi Guys,

I have an issue with backburner. I have a workstation (win7, dual 6core and k5000) and I'm using iray. Now I updated my 2 render nodes (win7, dual 4core) with a K5000 each and I want to render an iray project on all 3 machines (max 2014 on all).

I use rdp to login to my render nodes and startup backburner server but it can't find the cuda cards when rendering. How else can I access my render nodes and startup backburner server so it will recognize the cards? I can't access them physically.

And why is this happening? I can render an iray project on my workstation, lock the screen, turn off the display and walk away and it still keeps rendering so why wouldn't this work via rdp?

Thanks!

1x Dual Xeon X5690 @ 3.47Ghz
2x Dual Xeon E5450 @ 3.00Ghz
3x K5000
Max 2014 all around
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Do I understand correctly that you want to render each machine separatelly?

Backburned doesn't see the CUDA cards, because they can't be initialized using Remote Desktop.

It's the limitation of Remote Desktop.

The only solution I've found is to access nodes via Team Viewer, which allows CUDA devices to initialize.

Works flawlessly for me.

Is this you are lookin for?

Message 3 of 4

Hi, 

Oh yeah, it looks like that is the problem. So, since I only use RDP to log into those machines and not locally, the RDP service is not activating the GPU card. Hence no CUDA rendering.

I will try this teamviewer thing and let you know if that solved the issue.

Thanks a bunch,

Alex

3x K5000
Max 2014 all around
Message 4 of 4

Installed VNC, works like a charm.

Thanks again!

3x K5000
Max 2014 all around

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report