Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quad checker

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
gj99aaa
1683 Views, 3 Replies

Quad checker

Hello. Does anyone know where I can locate a quad checker in 3D Studio Max 2014 and in Maya. If there there is no quad checker, where might I be able to find one.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
nelsoncruz
in reply to: gj99aaa

hello, Not entirely sure I can answer this but if you are looking for a tool to check which faces on a mesh have four sides than you can use Maya's cleanup options to select quads of a selected mesh.

1. Select mesh
2. go to Mesh > Cleanup

To see if your mesh has quads select the "select matching polygons" from the operation section and than "4-sided faces" and apply. I am not entirely sure how to do this in Max. Hopefully this helps.

First Name Last Name or First Name.Last Initial
Public Facing Job Title
Link Name | Link Name | Link Name | Link Name
Message 3 of 4
BenBisares

For 3ds Max I use the non Quad Selector ( http://www.scriptspot.com/3ds-max/scripts/non-quad-selector )

Simple to use but does the job well. The page states that it's compatible with Max 7 / 8 / 9 but I've tried it with 2008 all the way to 2014 with no issues.

Ben Bisares
Message 4 of 4
blank000

In Max under graphite modeling tools there is a "Selection" tab (when in edit polys polygon subobjec mode) where you can select "by numeric" faces with 4 sides, or less, or more.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report