Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem importing file from Revit to 3ds Max

16 REPLIES 16
SOLVED
Message 1 of 17
studiomittapedrotti
4169 Views, 16 Replies

Problem importing file from Revit to 3ds Max

WHEN I IMPORT THE SCENE FROM REVIT TO 3 DS MAX, SOME ELEMENTS, SUCH AS TREES AND A CAR DO NOT APPEAR IN THE FILE TRASFERRED. I CAN SEE ONLY SOME CUBE.

IF I PASS FROM DWG I MANAGE TO IMPORT ALL, BUT I LOOSE SOME CARATTERISTIC SUCH AS MATERIAL. COULD SOMEONE HELP ME

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17

THEN I WUOULD LIKE TO SHOW YOU

- RENDER BY CLOUD (POSITION OF SILOS AND HOUSE WRONG) THEY ARE FILE SLAVE LINKED TO THE FILE MASTER            

- THE RENDER BY REVIT (OK)

- IMPORTED FILE FROM REVIT TO 3 DS MAX HAS LOST CAR AND TREES

RENDER BY CLOUD.jpgRENDER WITH REVIT.jpgRENDER IMPORTED FROM REVIT WITHOUT CAR AND TREES.jpg

Message 3 of 17

Hello, try exporting your REVIT file to AutoCAD and then link/import the AutoCAD file into 3ds Max.  This has worked for myself and other customers before.  Please let me know how that works for you.

Message 4 of 17
PROH
in reply to: studiomittapedrotti

Hi. Are your cars and trees ordinary geometry or are they RPC elements or something like that (objects derived from a 3rd party plug in)?
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
3dsMax 4.2 to 2018
AutoCAD 2000 to 2018
Infrastructure Design Suite Premium 2012 to 2018

Message 5 of 17

Yes, I tried importing fron dwg and it could be a solution, thank. Perhaps, The problem is that i loose some information, such as materials of elements.

Don't you think so?

thanks

Message 6 of 17
studiomittapedrotti
in reply to: PROH

They are families included into revit. If you look the firrst render you can see another problem. I have a master file that include all the area and 2 slave file imported that are silos and office house. When i render by my self (using my computer) I have no problem. When i render by cloud rendering, they change position. Could you help me?

Message 7 of 17
PROH

Hi. I don't use Revit myself, so I can't help you about the Clourendering question, but I do work with imported Revit files in MaxDesign.

The reason I asked about the trees and cars being RPC models, is that they very much look like RPC and that they transfers to Max as "cubes" (I believe RPC could be arranged as families in Revit?). If they are RPC models then Max must have access to the the same models (installed & licensed) to be able to load them. If they are not RPC then the "cubes" could be proxies replacing the geometry because Max misses an Object Enabler for that specific type of objects.

The workaround I use when facing this problem, is to place similar Max-object where the "cubes" are placed. Max comes with a extensive library of trees and cars via "Civil View", and you can place them fast and easily with the "Clone and Align" tool.

Hope it helps
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
3dsMax 4.2 to 2018
AutoCAD 2000 to 2018

Message 8 of 17
studiomittapedrotti

I thank you for helping me

How can i find and import object from 3 ds max

bye

Message 9 of 17

In order to use the Civil View objects in 3ds Max you need to have 3ds Max Design.  Based on the case notes you only have 3ds Max and not Design.  I am looking into another possible solution in Revit and will get back to you soon.

Message 10 of 17

In either 3ds Max or 3ds Max Design you should be able to go to Objects>AEC Objects>Foilage and be able to place plants and trees that are all ready loaded into 3ds Max.  In addition you could take a look at ArchVision for thier RPC plug ins.  

https://apps.exchange.autodesk.com/RVT/en/Detail/Index?id=appstore.exchange.autodesk.com%3Aarchvisio...

Best Regards.

Message 11 of 17
PROH

Read your first post again, and if it is correct understood that cars and trees imports correct into Max from a DWG file exported from Revit, then your solution could be use Revit import for the model and DWG import for cars and trees.

Besides the AEC object in Max (no cars), I believe there is a "Max extras" package (can't remember it's name) including some cars that can be downloaded for free from AutoDesks site.

Hope it helps
3dsMax 4.2 to 2018
AutoCAD 2000 to 2018

Message 12 of 17
PROH

Just checked, and the package "3dsMax2014 SampleFiles" contains amongst other things a number of vehicles and trees.

Hope it helps
3dsMax 4.2 to 2018
AutoCAD 2000 to 2018

Message 13 of 17
studiomittapedrotti

I have managed creating AEC object. So i solved problem of tree. Now I'm trying solving car

could you help me?

Message 14 of 17

I found and downloaded Autodesk_3ds_Max_2014_and_Autodesk_3ds_Max_Design_2014_English_Win_Samples_Files.

I installed them but I not able to use them

Message 15 of 17
PROH

Why not? What's the problem?

You can't access them like the AEC objects. You'll need to find and open/xref/merge the files like any other Max files. AFAIK they should have been installed in your defalt Max folder - unless you specified otherwise.

Hope it helps

3dsMax 4.2 to 2018
AutoCAD 2000 to 2018

Message 16 of 17
studiomittapedrotti

Thanks. I managed using merge and importing *.max file.

Message 17 of 17
PROH

Glad it helped 🙂

By the way, the sample files also contains some trees - check'em out sometime. If you need some realy good looking 3D-trees, then take a look at www.laubwerk.com , they got some free samples that is integrated in Max via a free max-plugin. Try it, it's really useful.

3dsMax 4.2 to 2018
AutoCAD 2000 to 2018

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report