Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Photograph to Character Face

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
189 Views, 1 Reply

Photograph to Character Face

I'm a presumed hobbyist trying out 3DS Max and Maya for the first time. I'd like to know if there's a quick and dirty way to use a photograph to attach a face to an existing character or avatar.
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
phloog
in reply to: Anonymous

I'm a presumed hobbyist trying out 3DS Max and Maya for the first time. I'd like to know if there's a quick and dirty way to use a photograph to attach a face to an existing character or avatar.

Not sure I get what you're after here....if you're just talking slapping it on for long range fairly low quality shots then just decal it on there, but I don't think that's what you're after.

So if not that, then my experience is that the equation for our world often goes something like "SPEED / QUALITY / COST" - Pick two.

So in the category of high speed and quality, I would look at something by Di-O-Matic - their face generator is pretty nice, and the standalone does things with photos.

I USED to use FaceGen Modeller a lot - fairly nice, but REALLY hasn't kept up with the times. Probably decent on Quality, but primarily a SPEED/COST play (though still not free)

To get toward QUALITY and low COST, sacrificing speed - lots of tutorials online with image planes and such.

Finally, low cost, MAYBE okay quality depending on lots of factors, and great speed would be a VERY patient subject who can hold still, and 123D CATCH.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report