Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Feature: Vector Map Support

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
nicolasleduc
1110 Views, 6 Replies

New Feature: Vector Map Support

This thread is to discuss the new Vector Map Support in 3ds Max 2014. See a description of the feature here: Vector Map Support
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: nicolasleduc

This is awesome. I've been requesting this for a long time.

Is there a way to define a background color for a SVG within the Vector Map interface?
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

Would be nice if ther function to put the pdf on boxed like in ps. Vectormaps I usually get from a cad programme so it would be handy for a crop viewport instead of sheet/page. now to set evertime the pagesetup to fit the limits.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

For some reason, I can't get this to work properly.   The vector map is acting like a bitmap where it is blurry and doesn't keep a crisp resolution when I zoom in.

I loaded a vector (not raster) PDF but it seems to be acting like a raster image.  I then opened the PDF in illustrator and saved it as an .ai file and loaded that into the map instead, and got the same result.

Any ideas what can be causing this?

Thanks!

-Jesse

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Is it also blurry in your renders, or just in the viewport? Because viewport texture size can be set to a higher resolution.

http://area.autodesk.com/blogs/chrismurray/3dsmax2014-feature-and-improvements-you-might-have-missed...

M.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Good question.

The pdf I was using was a floorplan just to be used as a guide, so I never intended to render it. I did set the bitmap texture limit up to 10,000 px, which I would imagine should be enough, but it still is rather blurry when zoomed in.

I might try with some other vector files just to see if they behave differently. I'm thinking there may be some un-recognized fonts or something that may be causing Max to rasterize the image.
Message 7 of 7
rene_alex

I try to use this new feature via a simple wire parameter but get a insta crash no matter what.

is there a compatibility issue with CS6 or another issue?

make a plane assing a material with this texture (attach)

right click -> wire parameter -> material -> PDF page number. Click

choose any other object and pick any parameter to act like a controller

chosse the direction (any)

click connect

crash

try on 3 diferent machines, same thing.

i not alone in this

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-3ds-Max-3ds-Max-Design/3ds-max-2014-wiring-problem-pdf-page-n...

no anwser far...

Tags (2)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report