Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Job Assignment/Backburner Issue

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
gordon
1653 Views, 5 Replies

Network Job Assignment/Backburner Issue

I've just recently started experiencing complete crashes when I send certain jobs to render over our network though backburner.  The current job that is doing this was working perfectly fine a week or two ago.  Now, when I submit the job to render on the network I get to the Backburner dialogue box, setup my preferences, and hit submit (screenshot attached).  Backburner thinks for a bit, says that it's saving the scene, thinks some more then just quits (screengrab of error message attached).

I've tried merging my scene into an entirely new max scene, I've tried changing the computer that hosts the Backburner Manager, I've tried having a colleague send the job from his machine, all with the same result.

I've only had this happen with 2 different files so far.  I've also had other files that render perfectly fine on the network.

Has anyone else experienced this?  If so, is there a solution or a work-around that I can try?  I need to get this animation rendering ASAP and I don't want to have all of the frames rendering on my local machine.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
gordon
in reply to: gordon

I have to assume that there's something in my scene that is causing this, but I have no idea what it could be.  If anyone else has experienced this and figured it out, please let me know.

Message 3 of 6
jens.diemer

it often helps to start a new .max file and merge all objects...

Jens

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
https://github.com/jedie/3dsmax_bugs | https://github.com/jedie/3dsmax_patches
Message 4 of 6
gordon
in reply to: jens.diemer

Hi Jens,

I did do that, with both of the affected scenes, and it still kicked out the error message.

Message 5 of 6
CAMedeck

Try sending it without the "Include Maps" option checked.  Maybe there is an issue with a corrupt or incompatible map?

Chris Medeck
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 6
gordon
in reply to: CAMedeck

That did it.  I can't believe I didn't think to try that.  Thank you very much!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report