Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Most keyboard shortcuts broke somehow in 3ds 2014 Design 64

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
pr0eXeler0
4571 Views, 6 Replies

Most keyboard shortcuts broke somehow in 3ds 2014 Design 64

Hi,

I have both max 2013 (design, 64 bit) and 2014 (design, 64bit) installed at the same time. Something happened that broke MOST keyboard hotkey commands in 2014. The weird thing is that some keyboard commands work, like "6" launches particle view and in with Keyboard shortcut override toggle I can swithc between verts, edges, triangles etc with, 1,2,3 BUT most basic commands such as the"Delete"-key,  Alt+W, CTRL+Z, P, T, Ctrl+A Don't work at all...
It doesn't help to reset keyboard short cuts in customize user interface / keyboard menu either... Workspace is set to Default,  UI layout is default etc.. Renaming objects, layers etc works just fine, so no, my keyboard aint broken 😉

Any ideas? I could re-install of course, but it takes a long time, so I'd prefer a quick fix before I do that..

Additional notes: I did have some issues with Civil3d at startup, can't say if it's related or not...

Thanx,

/eX

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Steve_Curley
in reply to: pr0eXeler0

You didn't accidentally set Max to use Maya shortcuts did you? Customise > Preferences > Interaction Mode (tab).

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Message 3 of 7
pr0eXeler0

Thanx for the suggestion, but no, Interaction mode is set to 3dsmax..

Can't figure it out.. Pressing "6" opens up Particle view like its supposed to, but pressing "8" does not launch "Environment" dialogue..

And I'm guessing Ctrl-Z should "undo" no matter what worksets or interaction modes i choose...

And btw, installing Service Pack 1 did not fix the issue...

/eX

Message 4 of 7
pr0eXeler0

Ok, "Solved"..

I deleted a bunch of UI related files under:

user/AppData/Local/Autodesk/3dsmaxDesign/2014-64bit/ENU/en-US/

After that, the keys working again. Can't say specifically which file it was that caused the issue, but anyhoo, working now...

/eX

Message 5 of 7
aj2jjworld

i am facing same problem..

please help me i del that ui files but does'nt work 

help ME

Message 6 of 7
jamesheart123
in reply to: aj2jjworld

hello buddy i have solution for you  goto customize user interface and make sure the check box near group  dropdown list name active tick it on then restart or u can use without restart 

Message 7 of 7
jamesheart123

hello buddy i have solution for you goto customize user interface and make sure the check box near group dropdown list name active tick it on then restart or u can use without restart

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report