Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Max 2015 Point Cloud not rendering.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
999 Views, 3 Replies

Max 2015 Point Cloud not rendering.

After importing a point cloud from recap (i have tried both with .rcs and .rcp files) to 3dsmax 2015, I can see it just fine in the viewport and move around it without much lag, but whenever i try to render it, it simply won't show up in the render.

- I'm using the nVidia Mental Ray renderer

- I have tried rendering without playing with any of the shaders/materials and alternatively with setting up the mental ray point cloud shader.

- I have a student version of 3dsmax 2015 with sp1

- I have tried renaming the ENU folder to reset the ui

- Tried playing with the level of detail of the point cloud.

- Everything else seems to be fine, but the main reason i need 3ds in this project is for point clouds.

Any idea? I've searched around the net but didn't find anything else other than people with what seems like similar problems, but no solutions.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
kanayota
in reply to: Anonymous

hi
I'm ineterested in this topic
Have you been able to fix it?

thanks

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: kanayota

Hey,
Unfortunately i still haven't found a solution, nor do i understand what is causing this problem.

As I really needed to get this content out for the project, i ended up rendering my fly through animations as viewport previews (and making the camera viewport as big as possible). I haven't worked on the project for a while now but I'll have to get back into it soon, if I ever find a solution I'll let you know ( don't hesitate to share with me if you ever find one 🙂 )
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi, I don't know if this will help but try rendering it in perspective view (not top, front, etc.).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report