Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Max 2015 Performance

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
lightcube
510 Views, 3 Replies

Max 2015 Performance

So I can't open all of my scenes yet because of waiting for plugin updates. Same old story... 🙂 My very first impression was horrible--but I think that it was because I launched Max immediately after install. Once Windows rebooted, it ran much smoother.

Anyway, I opened one of the scenes I've been using for various tests for years in ongoing developmental experiments. In Max 2012-2013 I started gritting my teeth as the scene got a little more complex and I wanted to keep adding things. 2014 performance was really good, but even it started to get sluggish.

Now, flying around in 2015 is suprisingly refreshing. This viewport is amazing!

Autodesk, you have done many things that turn my stomach or enflame me with anger/disgust at times. But I have a feeling that I will come to love 2015 like each previous new version. If the viewport preformance holds true as I can work more and more with the tools I use a lot, I will say this is the best version to-date.

I've had many crashes, though. So I cannot endorse 2015 yet. But I'm certainly hopefull about the coming weeks/months/years. Many crashes happen without CER! Because I'm a tinkerer.... it's too early to say if this is me pressing too many auto-destuct buttons or inherent problems.

Shawn Olson

Developer of Wall Worm
3ds Max plugins and Scripts

3ds Max 4/Gmax - 3ds Max 2020
Mudbox 2009-2019

Windows 10 x64
i7 8700K
64GB RAM
Geforce 1080ti
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
VishnuR
in reply to: lightcube

Thank you for your feedback submission, we're glad to read user experiences.

Its best to send this type of info to links below as it goes directly to relevant people/teams.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1109794

http://3dsmaxfeedback.autodesk.com/forums/80695-general-feature-requests

Best Regards

Vishnu Ramdass
Message 3 of 4
lightcube
in reply to: VishnuR

Thanks for the response Vishnu. I do use those avenues as much as possible. In part, this thread is to share some kudos. The fact that I've been growing apprehensive about AD and have been openly critical of many business decisions at AD, but still feeling positive about the Max prospects in the air, should raise the spirits of a codemonkey or two.

Shawn Olson

Developer of Wall Worm
3ds Max plugins and Scripts

3ds Max 4/Gmax - 3ds Max 2020
Mudbox 2009-2019

Windows 10 x64
i7 8700K
64GB RAM
Geforce 1080ti
Message 4 of 4
VishnuR
in reply to: lightcube

Thank you Shawn,

User feedback helps shape the future of 3ds Max.

So keep it comming. 🙂

Regards/VR

Vishnu Ramdass

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report